The journey. Helping a Rookidee.

Sonia woke up first thing in the morning as she went to check on Y/n. She still couldn't believe her friend was back home. Smiling to herself, she made her way to the break room but noticed it was empty. Sonia looked around but noticed a tree having its branches shake as Grookey jumped from branch to branch as Y/n and Blastoise were outside helping the small starter learn to move fast in battle as Blastoise shot small beams of water slowly before speeding up as the Pokémom was moving faster with each dodge. But the small monkey took a misstep as Y/n ran and dived for his starter making the monkey look at him with worry for his trainer as the two of them landed in the pond with Y/n hitting his head on the rocks.

"Groo?" The small grass type asked as Y/n smiled holding his head.

"I'm fine Grookey. Just hurt my head. I'll be all good. You did great." He smiled at the starter as the two got out of the wet area. Blastoise went to his trainer holding a small ice cube as his right canon had some frost on it making Y/n smile before taking it ,feeling bad, Grookey grabbed it and placed it on his trainers head not caring he would be hurt by the ice.

Smiling Sonia went outside and saw the three talking with Grookey looking after his trainers head. Soon the ice cube melted as he felt his head being better. Grabbing Grookey he smiled at the starter as he smiled back before hopping onto his trainers left shoulder.

"Y/n." Sonia called out to her friend as the three looked at her.

"Oh good morning Sonia." He smiled as the professor showed her wallet.

"I'll treat us to some food. Come on." She smiled as the four left to a small café. "So how did you sleep?" She asked looking at her friend making him smile.

"Pretty good Grookey was up early so the three of us decided to work on his speed. He's getting faster." He smiled as Grookey smiled as he jumped from his shoulder to the ground before running ahead. "Grookey don't go too far." He smiled as his starter ran ahead but slowed down as the small grass type saw a wounded Rookidee. The small bird pokemon laid on the ground with a hurt wing. Grookey called out to the trainer and professor making the two jog over seeing the small Rookidee. Seeing so many people Rookidee tries to run but it's wing didn't allow it to. Grookey and Blastoise tried to reassure it that they are nice people. The small Rookidee looked at them as Y/n carefully walked next to it before setting his bag down and pulled out a potion along with a handful of seeds.

"Don't worry little guy I'm gonna help you out." He smiled as the small bird looked at him not fully trusting him. "Want some seeds?" He asked before placing the seeds on the ground making it look at him and beginning to eat. Y/n smiled as he carefully sprayed the injured wing making the bird peck his hand but relaxed as it felt like it was being healed. The small Rookidee began to happily eat it's food before looking at the male as he smiled.

"You did great. Here." He smiled before fishing out a small pouch showing different kinds of berries. "You can choose one." He smiled as the small bird hopped onto his pouch and picked out a orange berry. Y/n smiled as the small bird flew up into its nest with two other Rookidees. Y/n smiled as he saw the bird feed on the berry with the other two before all three of them flew down and landed on his shoulders and head. Grookey smiled as he began to tap the ground trying to make a beat with his stick causing Sonia to giggle as the three birds smiled before two flew off but the one he helped.

Y/n looked at his shoulder seeing the small bird.

"Do you want to stay?" He asked making the Rookidee nod

"Do you want to stay?" He asked making the Rookidee nod. Smiling he pulled out a premiere ball and held it to the pokemon before the small bird pecked the button as it was sucked in. Y/n smiled as he held a Rookidee in the now successful premiere ball. "Come out Jet." 

Calling out his newest mon Y/n watched as the small bird flew and landed on his head before smiling at his trainer. Sonia smiled at her friend as he helped up Gookey with the small monkey flipping onto his trainers shoulder before greeting the Rookiedee. Blastoise looked at his new friend with a smile making the mon smile at him.

"Come on let's get some food." Looking at the four friends Sonia smiled before the five of them entered  a small café. After some time with eating and catching up Y/n and Sonia smiled before saying their goodbyes.

"I'll be rooting for you Y/n. You too Jet,Grookey." She smiled at the two small mons as Jet spread his wings out with a smile while Grookey began to tap his small stick on the ground with his own smile. "Take care of him Blastoise." She smiled as the mon nod at her as if it's saying "Always have been." Waving goodbye to the four Sonia walked down a small path while Y/n looked at the two mons he has while Blastoise inhaled the fresh air.

"Are you guys ready?" Their trainer asked as they all nod at him. "Then let's become the best there ever was. Watch out Leon, Raihan. We're coming for you both." He smiled as his pokémon cheered.