Lockdown Atrocities - Part 4

Seeing the name on the screen his eyes went wide,

D: Aahh it's peddabauji!!😰

S: Answer the call no...

In a very calm voice he spoke,

D: Peddabauji...

KRG: Babu,how are you ?

D: I'm fine peddabauji ? How are you, how is kannamma and my sisters ?

KRG: All are fine babu.Shyamala was worried about you so we thought of speaking to you wait she is snatching the phone I'll give her...

D: Kannamma...

SDG: Babu...kanna...raju...how are you?How long since we saw you or heard your voice?Akka told you are stuck at your friend's place...are you eating well?Are you applying herbal oil on your head every Saturday?Are you drinking neem and turmeric water on empty stomach everyday?

KRG: Hey is he at some hostel in a distant foreign country?Babu is here only after lockdown we can see him.

SDG: You keep quiet...only a mother knows the pain...Babu,you tell...

D: Kannamma I fine and I am following all that you said without fail.

He looked at S.

S: Liar...

SDG: Good boy.Btw,why are you slurring ?

D: Huh...uh...that...you sent a recipe for drink to protect against virus I'm drinking that it's bitter so...mmm...

SDG: Oh...put some sugar in your mouth.

D: No no it won't give the kick...I mean like this raw is good,natural and healthy.

He downed his whiskey.

S: 🙄

SDG: Ok babu...your friend...he's taking good care of you no?

D: Good care is less Kannamma...I'm treated like a King here!

D stretched his legs and rested his head on her lap.

D: My fraand cooks like a star hotel chef...feeds me like a mother...plays with me like a baby...advises me like a mentor...gives me love like a wif...

S: 😳😰

She quickly placed her palm over his mouth to silence him.

SDG: Babu,I can't hear...

D: Huh...sorry Kannamma...overall he is a very good friend you need not worry babu is in very soft and safe hands.Naa bangaram...

He pulled her cheeks.

S: ☺️☺️

KRG: What is Babu saying ?

SDG: His friend is looking after him well it seems.Ok babu that's all you take care I'll pass the phone to peddabauji.

KRG: Babu,today we are observing 9pm,9 minutes.You also follow that don't forget.Take care...

D: Ok ok I will do it...you take care ummahh...bye bye ta ta...

The call ended.

KRG: Such a respectful and disciplined boy.I am so proud of our babu.He is God's gift to us.

SDG: Truly.How well we have raised him.May god bless him.

Little did they know the real self of their babu and the ruckus he was creating.With glass in one hand and nuts bowl in another,he bit the tip of S's long skirt and followed her around the house performing drunken dance.