Oh Baby! - Part 3

D woke up in the morning and saw S missing beside him.She wasn't in the bathroom as well.When he came out of his room,one of his relatives little daughter bumped on to him.

He carried her and pecked her cheek.

"Pappaas mama!!"😘

D: When you came?Where are your parents?

She pointed towards the hall.D went down the stairs with her.To his horror he saw all his clan members in the hall gathered around S who was seated in the sofa.He could barely place his feet as all the gaps were filled by his clan members from Bhimvaram.His mother and sister were serving them refreshments.He let the girl down who ran to play.

"There is a glow on her face...definitely it is a boy!"said a member from team boys.

"Naa...she lacks lustre unlike how she used to be it's definitely a girl and she's taken the beauty of her mother that's why Sweety is looking dull."opined a member from team girls.

Seeing all this unwanted discussion irked D.His sister saw him.

D's sis: Hey nandhu!Congratulations ra! You made it!😃

He frowned at her.

D: Who called all this village people?Are they showing a free movie here?

D's sis: Why are you charging at me?Amma told me the news and I came.When I arrived all were already here.

D: It's her work?Amma!Amma!

His mother went to him.

D's mom: Sshh!!Why are you screaming ra?I'm here only...

D: Why you called and told them so soon?See they are talking not letting her to rest.For this only you wanted us to stay back no?

D's mom: I did not plan this.Out of excitement I called and told your pinni last night.By morning everyone reached here by bus.What am I to do?

D: Oh you told pinni?Sabash!She's all India radio.Couldn't you have asked me a word?All irritating village people...

D's mom: Watch your words! Don't forget they have seen you from the day you were born.How many times they cleaned your bums when you were a baby?You should be grateful for that.Just so you are a pan Indian star don't fly high.They are our relatives if we don't invite them for good occasions we will be left with no one already people are after mobile phones talking and interacting with relatives on that what fun is there?See how full and happy our house is and Sweety is laughing isn't that what we want?Here,hold this tray...go and give coffee/tea to your uncles sitting outside.

D: Me?I won't!I am Baah...

But his mother cared least and pushed the tray to his hand.He had no choice so,

D: Chaai...kaapi...chaai...kaapi...☕️

Like a tea seller in railway station roaming platforms,the young don of Waaji city went on serving refreshments to guests.Some congratulated him while others teased him.D as usual just smiled.

***

D and S returned home late in the evening.S sat on the sofa stretching her legs and D too joined her as he was feeling tired after working like a servant.

D: We should have told Amma not to tell anyone yet...

S: It's alright pupsoo anyway they will come to know.I am happy we received all their blessings.Our baby is gifted.

She rubbed her belly.D kept his hand above hers.Just then the door bell rang.S almost got up but D stopped her.

D: You rest bangaram I'll see who it is.