Tryouts

It was a cool Friday evening as Lyra followed the twins down to the quidditch field. Butterfly's danced in her stomach as the twins chatted animatedly ahead. They stopped to talk to Angelina before going up into the stands.

"Trying out for Quidditch Stone? I know your George's girlfriend and all but I'm afraid you'll still have to try out for the Ravenclaw team, not ours"

Lyra looked at her horrified. "Heavens no. I've been dragged along to watch with the twins if that's alright. I promise not to let any Griffendore secrets slip to the other Ravenclaws though."

"She's never seen a game, Angelina!" Fred said horrified.

"So we figure we'll let her see the best," George added.

Angelina snorted, "I doubt these will be the best, its just tryouts today. But I don't mind if she stays, you can come to our actual practices too, as long as these two don't get distracted."

Lyra smiled warmly, she liked Angelina, "Thank you."

"Stone's studying to be a healer anyway," Fred said, "So it may be helpful to have her around."

Angelina nodded in agreement, "True but if you two do your jobs well, we shouldn't need her."

They said goodbye to Angelia and headed for the stands.

"Where's Harry?" Lyra asked, "Doesn't he play too?"

"He's got detention remember?" George said sliding down next to her.

"Again? I thought he had detention last night?"

"The hag gave him detentions for the rest of the week."

Lyra wrinkled her nose, in distaste.

"Our thoughts exactly." George joked.

They turned their attention down to the field as Angelina gathered all of the people trying out and they took to the air.

"Are you guys excited to see Ron try out?" Lyras asked conversationally.

"What are you going on about?" Fred said turning to her.

"Your brother Ron?" She pointed to one of the people waiting by the goals, his firey red hair making him easy to spot "I know its definitely not Ginny, she doesn't strike me as the keeper type."

The twins both leaned over the edge of the stand peering up. "Bloody hell, that is Ron," George said. "Maybe this won't be so boring after all."

"Yeah, he's bound to make a fool of himself isn't he?" Fred added causing Lyra to glare at him angrily.

"Do me a favor and for once in your lives show some support in your brother."

"He didn't even tell us."

"I wonder why," she grumbled wrapping her coat tighter around herself.

They fell silent as they watched the team. they started practice with flying, then passing, and then the keepers practicing goalkeeping. Despite the twins taunts Lyra could sense their pride when Ron managed to block some of the goals.

"You know," Lyra said as tryouts wound down to an end and the players began to fly down towards the field again. "You can make fun of him for trying but, I think it's very brave of Ron."

"Yeah?" George asked sincerely.

She didn't look over at them. "I mean, You both and harry play, from what I hear, you're all very naturally talented, and both of you are very naturally confident. I bet Ron's always wanted to play with you guys, but he knew it would be harder for him."