Trouble

Lyra did not find Ginny. She couldn't find Harry or Hermione either. She was about to give up altogether when she spotted a familiar face passing in the crowd.

"Neville!" She shouted waving him down.

Neville turned and then smiled, making his way over to her. "Lyra! My god, haven't seen you in ages. Ginny's said you've had the Inquisitorial squad on you like dogs." He looked her up and down, "you look like your doing alright though. I'm glad."

"Hanging in there." She sighed, "Speaking of Ginny, have you seen her at all? I've got to tell her something before one of those dogs find me."

"Oh yeah, she's up by Umbridge's office helping direct traffic. Guess someone set off some Garroting Gas."

Lyra furrowed her eyebrows. Why would Ginny be doing that? "Just her?"

"No, Luna Lovegood is helping her. Why what's wrong?"

"I think we better go and check on them."

"Why?"

"Well, don't you think it would be Prefects or Inquisitorial squad members directing traffic? Why would it be Ginny and Luna?"

"You know now that you mention it, that does seem quite a bit odd..."

"Let's go," Lyra said seriously, and they both took off running.

It was a good thing too, because when they arrived at the scene, Ginny, Luna, and Ron were being encircled by a gang of Slytherins. Lyra took one look at Ginny and knew something serious was up. She quickly slipped her wand out and mentally prepared herself for a fight.

Ginny was facing a large boy, she couldn't remember his name but knew he was a beater for the Slytherin team. She had her wand-up eyes on him, but she didnt pay close enough to the Slytherin girl behind her. Who quickly lunged forward and grabbed her from behind.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Neville yelled running towards the group.

Welp. There's go's the element of surprise. Lyra thought. She held up her wand and the incantation Protego Diabolica flashed through her mind. Black flames erupted from her wand  The flames encircled Neville, Ron, and Luna, flickering against them harmlessly, but burning anyone else who tried to go near them. It was a difficult spell, so her flames were fairly weak, and mostly depended on the fact they looked scary. She also knew she wouldn't be able to keep the spell up for long...

"Bloody Hell!" Neville yelled in shock.

"Oh how lovely," Luna said calmly.

Several of the Slytherin students hissed in pain quickly getting out of the way of the flames. The Slytherin girl who had Ginny was quick to react. Stepping out of the reach of Lyra's flames with Ginny in her arms, wand pointed to her throat.

"Lower your wand Mute or we'll see what color a blood traitor bleeds."

"No Lyra don't! Run you guys! I'll be fine!"

The girl shoved her wand deeper into Ginny's throat. "You think I'm joking?! Last chance Mudblood." She snarled.

Lyra felt out to her. Saw the hate in her eyes, and knew she meant it. She couldn't get Neville and Luna away safely without Ginny being seriously hurt.

"I'm sorry." She lowered her wand and her flames flickered out.

"NO!" Ginny yelled struggling against her captor.

But Lyra ignored her, if they went quietly, just took the consequences. Then it was less likely anyone would be hurt.

The Slytherin students closed in. Grabbing them and gagging them. Neville, Ginny, and Ron struggled, but Lyra and Luna went quietly. Better to save their energy and wait for an opening.