Diagon Alley

Diagon alley was full of bustling witches and wizards, all trying to get their Hogwarts back to school shopping done. Lyra took a subconscious step towards Mrs. Weasley. Why had she wanted to come again?

"You alright dear?"

She wasn't. It had been so long since she had been in a crowd like this. Even longer if you counted the time she suppressed her powers. A shudder ran through her and she gripped the side of a building. She had to do this. If Mrs. Weasley saw her faint there was no way she was going to let her out of her sight. Fred and George were depending on her. Taking a deep breath she pushed the noise out. Imagining an invisible wall between her and the world.

She straightened and forced a smile "Yeah, sorry about that, I guess I'm still not quite used to traveling by magic yet."

"Oh no worries dear, will you be alright shopping on your own? I'm sure we could stay together if-"

Lyra waved her hand "I'll be fine, you already have so much to do! Let's meet back here in an hour, sound good?"

Mrs. Weasley was hesitant and Lyra took it as a time for drastic measures. She lightly placed a hand on Mrs. Weasley's arm surging forward as much comfort and bliss she could. Mrs. Weasley's eyes went a bit hazy.

"Everything will be fine, Diagon Alley is a safe place."

"W-Well I suppose your right dear." She said absentmindedly and Lyra pulled away.

"Great, see you in an hour." and she was gone before Mrs. Weasley could fully recover.

When she did, she watched the girl as she disappeared into the distance. A pit of worry and mistrust sinking in her stomach. Maybe the girl is sharper then I realized, she thought. Maybe more like my boys then I'm comfortable to admit.