19: His Heartache

Start from the beginning

"You're exaggerating, aren't you?", I asked as I know how Jackson likes to tease me when it comes to Jungkook. Even when I already have someone again now, he never stops teasing.

But, he shook his head. "He's really working hard today. Oh, you maybe not realize it because when you're at the back, he's in front. When you're in front, he's here. He's like avoiding you. Did something happened between you two?", Jackson said as he was suspecting us.

I denied it and quickly go to the front area to see if what he said is true. I went to the counter as I saw Jungkook wiping the tables near the entrance. He saw me and acted to be busy as I helped Somi. When I saw him walking to go to the back, I called him and blocked the door behind me.

"Excuse me, Chaeyoung. I..."

"Have you had your lunch?", I stopped him with the question.

"I'm not hungry.", he replied as he tried to get to the door but I stepped back leaning on it.

I crossed my arms and shook my head warning him that he cannot go to the kitchen area.

"I give you an hour. Go get something to eat.", I said as I looked at my watch.

"You're not my mom. You can't tell me what to do.", he replied to me.

I stared down to his eyes that seemed to have a battle with mine. "But, I'm your boss here. I don't want anyone working here to get sick because they skip lunch.", I told him with my serious tone. Why is he trying to be a jerk right now? Can't he just listen to me and do as I say?

I heard him scoffed at me. "Now, you're using your power on me?", he said as he kept his eyes on me.

"I'm using it for your own good, Jungkook.", I said.

"Stop...trying to care.", he replied making me frowned at him. He fixed his dark brown beanie on his head while looking away from me. I couldn't think why is he acting this way especially when his face is covered with the mask on his mouth.

"I don't have the appetite to eat today. Just let me do my work till my working hour ends. Okay?", he said as he looked up back to me.

Why is he this moody? Is it because of me or because of his father again? I really don't get it this time. But, I don't feel like asking him more on it as it was not important to me. I have other things to take care about.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

The torturous three days end for this week with me going to the arcade to release my stress there. Actually, I have been stressed out since the first day I saw Chaeyoung went out for lunch with Jaehyun. Every night I tried to do something to make my mind stopped thinking of her.

I went to the gym hitting the punching bag for an uncountable amount and I went to the bar to drink as much as I want. But, my mind is still bothered by the fact that Chaeyoung has got back together with her ex-boyfriend. Damn, it hurts! Even the alcohol didn't help me much.

"Jungkook, you're not going to beat the high score.", Seokjin hyung said but I ignored him. I took two steps back with the hammer in my hand and focused on the spot that I have to hit. I pulled up the hammer with my both hands and moved forward to hit the spot.

The lights went up illuminating but it stopped a few seconds later leaving four lights on the top not lighting up.

"Argh!!", I shouted as I threw the hammer on the ground. I didn't care what other people think of me. They do not recognize me for I wore a black hoodie, a black mask and a black jeans. All black, people won't care about me much with this colour.

"Yah, yah! Relax, Jungkook-ah.", Seokjin hyung told me as he took the hammer and put it at its right place. "Come on, let's get out of here, man.", he said as he pulled me by the elbow to follow him but I refused.

Maybe because of him always following around these days I couldn't do anything I want to the fullest. He always have advices to give, always discouraging me and always tells me to go home even though I am not drunk yet.

"I don't want to go home yet.", I protested to him. "You have to. Stop acting like a child. If Jisoo didn't tell me about Chaeyoung having a boyfriend now, I will not be here to keep an eye on you. Be grateful, big boy.", he replied as he pulled my hands to follow him to leave the arcade.

While I was in the car with him, he kept looking at me worriedly until I got tired of it. "Focus on your driving, hyung.", I told him and he sighed.

"I'm worried about you, Jungkook. Are you going to come to the office tomorrow?", he asked.

"Why wouldn't I?", I said to him.

"Well, you seem so affected about Chaeyoung having a boyfriend. You went to the gym the other day, got drunk yesterday and went to the arcade today. How are you going to be able to work peacefully tomorrow? I know your mind is all about her.", he told me what he is concerned of.

I looked at him thinking of his words.

"I'll be at the office tomorrow. Don't worry, hyung.", I assured him before he asked again if I am very sure of my decision.

I nodded to him before I looked out at the night sky. It looked like it will rain soon. I smiled slightly having a thought that the weather understands me. I felt like it knows that I need some rain so that I can cry under the tears of the sky.

Gosh, it hurt a lot. I never knew I'd be this hurt though. All I knew is something aching inside me. My heart...it is aching so bad because of someone who is not even mine.

❤❤❤

Now, Chaeyoung is the heartbreaker. 😩

🤗🤗