déka

"THIS IS SO beautiful!" Entice exclaimed as she looked around the place. Few handmaidens entered the room with baskets filled with beautiful colorful flowers and placed it in front of us.

It's just so beautiful because Paris throws a festival that lasts for a week in honor of our father and brother, Priam and Hector every year. I was told by Entice that I was included in this festival when I went missing but since I am back and alive, it's such a bliss to be a part of this festival.

I took a stem of purple peonies, Hector's favorite flowr and added it to the flower arrangement that I've been working on to be a part of the decorations. Being pulled back at the time when Hector used to bring me flowers from Mother's garden to decorate our home with beautiful flower arrangements even though we'd get scolded by her for ruining her garden.

"Hector!" I sing-song shouted through my window, stretching the vowels without taking my eyes off of the flowers in front of me.

"What is it, Selene?" An 18 year old Hector shouted back from the outside. I smiled to myself before standing up to lean at my window. "Can you pick some flowers for me, please?" I asked and rested my chin on my palm as I watched him be interrupted from whatever he's working on.

"Flowers, again? That's the fourth time today!" Hector exclaimed, placing his hands on his waist as he raised his head to look at me making me pout, "Mother would be furious!"

"Pleaaaase?" I asked, trying to pull the face that would eventually make Hector give in. "Would you want me to go outside, instead?" I pouted making him shook his brown curly hair.

"Yay! You're the best brother ever!" I exclaimed excitedly and blew him an over exaggerated kiss making him chuckle.

"This rebel kid is giving me a head ache."

I shook my head at the memory before touching the beautiful petal of the purple peonie. I truly miss Hector a lot. He's been my bestfriend ever since we were small and I still sometimes hear his voice at night. A sigh fell from my lips and looked at the window that showed the serene saltwater that looked very beautiful and calm.

"You alright, your Highness?" Entice asked, lightly shaking my arm making me snap from my thoughts. I turned to her and gave her a small smile before nodding.

No time to be sad, Selene. After all, we are celebrating in honor of his death.

After days of preparation, the palace looked even more alive and beautiful due to the decorations and lights that was added. Even the houses looked very beautiful due to the lights that they've added making me smile. They deserved this. The Trojans deserved this kind of peace and my heart is very overwhelmed as I looked at the smiling faces.

"A drachma for your thoughts?" A deep voice suddenly asked from behind me making me jump in surprise. I quickly turned around and saw a smirking Ares who never fails to look good.

"Ares." I said in a low tone, crossing my arms in front of my chest and cocked my head to the side as I looked at him. "Don't you look magnificent today, your Highness." He replied with his eyebrow raised as he took a good look at me making me chuckle.

"You clean up pretty good as well, Ares." I said to him and I smiled as I ran my hand against the soft fabric of this lavender colored dress that Entice has basically forced me to wear after seeing it in my closet.