Retribution

"Walk!" a voice commanded behind her and she obeyed.
In the distance, she could see the bright lights from Hydra. They shone down on the dark figure walking towards Anastasia, just like the light behind her shone on her. Every step took her closer to Hydra and Anastasia felt like she was trapped in a nightmare. Her body trembled and her breathing became irregular and panicky. Breathe, she told herself.
Her incredible eyesight could pick out little details, like the way Natasha walked to the size of her figure. She was thin and clearly underfed, but relatively unharmed. She did not walk with a limp or hold herself in a injured manner, which was a relief to Anastasia. She needed Natasha to be able to run.
Twenty metres apart, Natasha face transformed as she recognised Anastasia.
Ten metres apart, Natasha clenched her fists, intent on attack.
Five metres apart and Anastasia slowed. She knew she needed to give Natasha a warning, so she slowed to deliver the message.
"I am with the Avengers," she began. "They are coming. When the shooting starts, run to me and keep your head down."
Natasha scowled at Anastasia but smartly chose not to attack. "Why should I trust you?" she asked doubtfully.
"You have no choice." Anastasia passed Natasha and the moment was over. She was on Hydra's side and she said a little prayer that the Avengers would arrive now.
Her prayer was answered.
A ball of light swooped down from the dark clouds and went straight for the Red Room, sending a blast of light at them.
A red mist descended and began attacking Hydra.
A winged figure followed Iron man's lead behind her.
A caped man floated down and sent a beam of light at Hydra soldiers from his forehead.
Then all hell broke loose.
Turning around, Anastasia saw Natasha lying on the ground and she ran to cover her from the sniper's bullets. One caught her shoulder and she swore loudly, but didn't stop. Sliding to her knees, she checked to see if Natasha was alright and found her in good condition. A bullet had grazed her leg, but nothing serious. Noticing a rock nearby, she forced Natasha to her feet. "Come on," she commands. "We have to get to that rock."
Once they reached it, Natasha collapsed on the floor in agony. Anastasia realised something was wrong and in the dark, felt for blood. Natasha was hit in her stomach. Anastasia swore loudly and the looked around for someone. Steve was running over, clearly looking for them. She madly waved at him and as he approached, shouted "Steve, she's hit."
Turning her attention back to Natasha, she watched as the woman's hand touched her shoulder, which was now soaked in blood.
"You're hit," she pointed out.
"I know, I'm fine."
Out of the corner of her eye, Anastasia saw an unwelcome sight. A figure was running surrounded by soldiers towards an awaiting helicopter. That figure could only be one person, Madame Orlov.
Not caring about the battlefield around her, Anastasia set off at a desperate sprint. Steve shouted at her to come back, but she ignored him. She could tell he was torn with going after her or looking after Natasha, but a groan from her made his choice.
"MADAME ORLOV!" Anastasia yelled at the top of her voice. The woman who had ruined her life turned around and stopped. Anastasia stopped five metres away, with a dozen men pointing their guns at her. "Anastasia!" The men lowered their weapons at Madame Orlov's signal. Stepping forward, Anastasia stared into the woman's cold eyes with hatred. Surprisingly, Madame Orlov raised her arms to invite her into an embrace.
"My child," she said sweetly. "I know that these past few weeks have been hard for you, but now you must understand that your decisions were foolish. I made you who you are and I know that whatever you may think, you will always come back to Hydra. We are your family."
Anastasia took a few steps back.
"No, they are my family." She gestured at the Avengers.
"Do you really think they will accept you after what you have done and what you are? I trained you better than this."
"Shall I show you what you trained me to do?" Anastasia retorted.
Leaping at the first soldier, she grabbed his neck and twisted hard with both hands. Every bone in his neck shattered and his head flopped forwards, followed by his body. The soldiers stood in bewilderment as Anastasia attacked the next one, smashing their skull inwards. They knew by attacking Anastasia they would face Madame Orlov's wrath.
"Anastasia, that's enough," Madame Orlov demanded.
Anastasia chose to ignore her and grabbing one of the dead men's knives, she slit another's throat.
"You have proved your point," Madame Orlov sharply spoke.
Sending a fatal blow to the next soldiers chest, Anastasia quickly dispatched of the rest of the soldiers. Then she picked up a gun.
"They already accepted me," Anstasia told her.
"My child, we can for get all of this and go back to how it was. Just put down that gun and come with me."
In response, Anastasia raised the gun and aimed for her head.
"ANASTASIA!" she heard a voice behind her shout. Steve was approaching cautiously and she turned and pointed the gun at him.
"You don't have to kill her," he pleaded with her. "We will make sure she gets her justice."
Anastasia fought with her heart and her mind.
"She has to die," she decided. "It's the only way."
She turned to kill Madame Orlov, but Steve approached her again.
"Stay back!" she screamed at him, whilst pointing her gun at him. "She's mine! I have to do this. Stay back or I will shoot!"
Steve took a few steps back, terrified. He pleaded with her, but she ignored him. She forced Madame Orlov to her knees and put the gun nozzle on the woman's head.
"I want you to suffer," she said, cruelly. "I want you to feel the pain I felt when I was your Guinea pig. I want you to know how it felt to kill everyone I had trained with. But I am not as evil as you."
BANG!
Anastasia dropped the gun in shock. Her face froze in horror. Slowly, she fell to her knees, hitting the ground hard. Tears streamed down her face and behind her, she could feel Steve's eyes watching in in surprise.
"Please forgive me," she muttered to the figure of Madame Orlov. Then, cradling her blood stained head, Anastasia wept for the loss of her mentor, her guardian, her family.
"Please forgive me," she repeated.