Chapter 3

~~~ Friday

Alex and Elias hadn't spoken in first period since Tuesday. Elias was still annoyed with him, and even more so now because he never gave him back his pen. He was just being butt hurt and immature, but Elias usually didn't act like that, so he didn't know why he was now. All he knew was that he really didn't like this guy for some reason.

After school, Elias and Asher were walking to their lockers which were on the same row. They didn't address Tuesday at all and neither did Jake nor Derek that morning or at lunch. Once they had made it to their lockers, Elias pulled out his earbuds and began unlocking his locker while Asher was explaining his drama with his ex who wasn't over him.

"I don't know how many times she has asked me the same damn questions. 'Did you break up with me because I wasn't pretty enough? Did my body not turn you on? Was the sex bad?' I keep saying the same thing, no! I broke up with her because she's psycho!" Asher complained, opening his locker quite aggressively.

"Dude, everyone knows she's insane. Remember she punched some girl because she cut her in line? And you were over here saying it was 'badass' because you liked her so much you couldn't see that she had issues." Elias said shaking his head in disbelief.

Elias finally got his locker opened and when he did, a little piece of paper fell out onto the floor. He furrowed his eyebrows as he opened the folded paper. 

"You're cute when you're mad. -S.A" Was written in red lettering. Asher looked over at Elias and noticed his confused expression.

"What's that?" Asher asked and Elias shrugged.

"Some weird letter... S.A..."

Asher walked over to read it, looking over Elias' shoulder. "S.A? That has to mean secret admirer. More like stalker alert." He joked and Elias laughed at the bad joke.

He shoved the paper into his pocket and began putting his books in his locker.

"Anyway, I gotta run. Claire wants to meet up." Asher said, causing Elias to shoot him a weird look.

"Meet up with the girl you were just complaining about?" 

Asher gaped, "I.. yeah, I'm just gonna tell her to leave me alone... it's been two months since we ended things, I'll just lie and say I found someone new or something. I don't know."

Elias' eyes widened as he shut his locker, he sucked in a sharp breath. "Have fun with that. You're picking me up tonight, right?" He asked, referring to the party at Alyssa's. 

"No." Asher said sarcastically, Elias narrowed his eyes in response. "Obviously. Be ready by nine, loser."

"Yes sir."

~~~ That night

The boys sat in the back of some house they had never been to smoking a blunt, beer bottles in their hands as they watched people dance drunkenly under flashing colorful lights. 

"Ah, shoot." Asher said, checking his phone in a hurried and rushed manner. He stood up from the couch grasping all the guys' attention.

"What's up?" Jake asked.

Asher couldn't look away from his phone, as if he had just gotten some strange message or he was hiding something from them. "Hey, I'll be back, okay?" He yelled over the music and left before any of the guys could even respond.

"What the hell was that?" Jake said seriously, meanwhile Elias just laughed.

"Looks like he just got a booty call." Derek said.

All of a sudden, Elias made eye contact with a girl across the room. She was already looking over at him and when their gazes met, she began making her way over. He recognized who that was immediately. It was Alyssa, and damn, in Elias' eyes she had a huge glow up. He thought she was okay in freshman year, definitely pretty sophomore year, but junior year- she was hot.

Jake and Derek began to whisper in excitement over the girl. She came up to Elias and smirked, "It's Eli, right?" 

Elias nodded, trying to act natural and keep his cool. She put a hand out in front of him and at this point, Elias was so flustered, his friends shrieks beside him were drowned out of his earshot. 

"You wanna dance?" She asked, and he didn't even hesitate to take hold of her hand. He took his beer with him which she grabbed afterwards, taking a big swag. She began to dance with him, around him, on him, it was a little much for Elias who faked his ego of being a chick magnet. Despite his forced confidence, deep down he was timid and insecure. Not insecure of his appearance or something like that, but of what people thought. He wanted everyone to like him, like how everyone liked Alex.

Elias was not the best dancer and Alyssa noticed, so she invited him elsewhere. She asked him if he wanted to get room and he had no idea how to say no, so he didn't. He was scared though. Sure, he had hooked up with girls, but none that he had really thought were that top tier. Alyssa was at the very top in the girls category.

Alyssa led him upstairs by hand and they entered a room that had pink bedding and polaroid pictures on the wall. "This is my room.." She giggled and shrugged, running a hand through her messy blonde hair.

"It's.. pretty." He said quietly, walking around and analyzing.

"So," She dragged out as she sat on her bed. "what do you wanna do?"

Elias looked over at her nervously and said the first thing that came to mind. "Anything you want." The look on her face made him instantly regret his words.

She smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him close. "Anything?" She bit her lip, "What have you done, Eli? You look so innocent..."

He chuckled timorously, standing tense until she pulled him onto the bed. "I've done lots of things." He said, doing his best to keep his voice steady.

 "I remember back in middle school, a girl kissed your cheek and you threw up because it shook you so much." 

Elias knitted his eyebrows together, "Why would you bring that u-" He was then cut off by a kiss.