“Lisa!” Taehyung called.

Lisa was brought back to her senses and dashed towards Taehyung and Chaeyoung. Then Taehyung quickly pushed Chaeyoung towards Lisa and ran away, going after Jungkook.

Bambam and Yugyeom were on his tail. They were still confused on what was going on but they had to make sure that Jungkook and Taehyung won’t get in trouble.

“Hey!” Taehyung called after Jungkook.

Jungkook immediately stopped in his tracks and turned towards Taehyung. He blew off a heavy breath as he faced the man behind him. Bambam and Yugyeom stood not too far from them, anxious on what was about to happen.

“Jungkook.” Taehyung started to say before he was interrupted.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook barked, clenching his fist in anger.

Taehyung eyed Jungkook’s fist and took a step backward. He raised both hands in surrender.

“Please, Jungkook. Hear out Chaeyoung first.” He pleaded.

“Why are you the one asking me that? Can’t she ask me herself? Are you her spokesperson now?” He asked, spitting every word due to his boiling anger.

“Aist!” Taehyung ruffled his hair in frustration and looked behind them.

A couple of meters from them, the men saw Chaeyoung walking painfully slow towards them while Lisa was supporting her. The two were in the same position with Taehyung and Chaeyoung earlier. Lisa’s left arm was supporting Chaeyoung by the waist while Chaeyoung’s right arm was resting around Lisa’s shoulders. Then they all noticed that instead of a pair of gladiator sandals on both of Chaeyoung’s feet, her right foot was wrapped with a bandage.

A few hours earlier . . .

Chaeyoung went back home after realizing that she left her most important gift for Jungkook that night. It was a kind of gift that would not change in quality even if she could not give it right away. But it was the kind of gift that she especially prepared for that night. So she begged Lisa to cover for her while she was away.

When she reached home, she hurriedly went up to her room and looked for the gift. Her schedule was hectic days prior to that day because of the preparations she made for Jungkook’s special day. And due to that, she did not realize that she completely forgotten packing her gift. She was getting anxious as she couldn’t seem to remember where she last kept the gift. She was in the verge of crying until she found it under her pillow. She beamed in relief and secured it inside her small round rattan bag. Then she rushed back outside.

She was in too much hurry that she carelessly ran down the stairs. Then she took a wrong step and accidentally twisted her ankle. She a fell down a few flights of stairs and her butt painfully landed on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. She cried in pain, her hands automatically reaching out to her hurt ankle. She let herself cry for a while before she wiped her tears away and tried getting up on her own. But she immediately fell back down when a surge of pain ran through her right foot after putting pressure on it.

She crawled to the stairs, careful not to hit her right foot in any way. She sat down on the last step and leaned her body on the balustrade while thinking of a way to get back to the resort in time for the party. No matter how much she thought about it, she knew that she could not afford to tell anyone about her situation, especially Jungkook. They would only worry about her, ruin everyone’s mood and delay the party. And she did not want that because she wouldn’t allow her efforts to be in vain. She perfectly timed everything.

After a few minutes of pondering, she stared at her phone for a minute before she hesitantly pressed the call button.

“Tae.” Chaeyoung softly answered after hearing Taehyung’s surprised, “Chaeyoung?”