XXXVII

Chaeyoung was out of the office the whole day. She went to meet a client from another city. She was already exhausted by the time she was heading home. Just thinking of another two long hours of bus trip drained her energy even more. Plus, she was never fond of going alone for a long travel.

When she got to the bus station, she first went to secure a ticket before buying some snacks to eat during the trip. Then she got on the bus and chose a seat by the window. She was getting comfortable on her seat with her earphones securely inserted in her ears and her food in hand when she received a call. She immediately answered it.

“Yes, love?” She said.

“Are you on the bus already?” Jungkook asked on the other line.

“Yes.”

“You did not forget to buy snacks, did you?”

“Of course, I never forget about food.” She answered with a wide grin.

“Right.” He chuckled. “Alright, guess you’re all good.”

“Yup!”

“I’ll be seeing you in two hours then.”

“Yes, I can’t wait to see you.”

“Keep safe. I love you!”

“I love you too.”

… … … … …

Chaeyoung woke up to the sound of loud grumbles from the other passengers. When she raised her head up, she saw that everyone was preparing to get off the bus. Even the man sitting beside her had already gotten up and was preparing to leave. She followed and got up all of a sudden, causing her to feel a bout of nausea. She immediately held on the seat in front of her and closed her eyes while trying not to do any movement. Then she slowly opened her eyes a moment after, her blurry sight getting clearer in a second.

“Miss.” The man beside her turned to look at her. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Good. By the way, we were asked to get off the bus because they need to fix it. And they said that it might take a while so we better bring our things with us.”

“Okay. Thanks!”

Almost an hour had gone but the bus was still not fixed yet. Chaeyoung’s exhaustion already ate up all the energy she had left that she mindlessly sat on the curb at the side of the road. She placed her elbows atop her knees while resting her head in both hands. She was scrunching her face in frustration as she looked at the passing cars.

Then, a car suddenly stopped right in front of her. With annoyance evident on her face, she got up to see who it was. And when she did, surprise immediately replaced her anger.

“Taehyung?” She asked, looking directly at the man behind the steering wheel.

With a wide smile on his face, the man answered cheerfully, “Yes. It’s Kim Taehyung at your service.”

She chuckled while walking closer to the car, peering into the opened window, “What are you doing here?”

“I’ll tell you on our way home. C’mon, get in.”

“Huh?”

He pointed at the bus in front and said, “It looked your ride will take a while to get it fixed so I’ll send you home instead. Don’t worry about the fare. I’m giving you a discount.”

He finished his statement with a playful wink.

She looked doubtful with her gaze shifting between Taehyung and the bus.