XXXI

Jungkook's mother and Lisa were preparing the food for dinner when Chaeyoung and Jungkook came back to the house. Their hands were interlocked as they got inside the kitchen. Without saying anything, Jungkook's mother and Lisa both eyed their interlocking hands.

Lisa cleared her throat. Then Chaeyoung whispered something to Jungkook before he walked away right after giving Chaeyoung a peck on the cheek. Chaeyoung inwardly groaned, hoping that she can hide the blush on her face.

Chaeyoung wordlesly offered to help in preparing for dinner when she swiftly grabbed an apron, a knife and chopping board. Then she started cutting the meat and vegetables alongside Lisa. And while they were cooking, Chaeyoung was trying to ignore the way Jungkook's mother and Lisa had been stealing glances at her from time to time.

During dinner, Jungkook's father was sitting at the corner of the dining table with Jungkook's mother and Jungkook on each side of him. Chaeyoung was seated beside Jungkook while Lisa and Bambam were seated next to Jungkook's mother. Chaeyoung and Lisa were eagerly listening to the stories of Jungkook's father about the life at the farm. Both of the girls had been used to the city life that they found his stories interesting and fun. Then Jungkook's mother served the pie that they prepared earlier that afternoon for dessert.

At the later part of the evening, Jungkook and Chaeyoung finally admitted that they were officially dating starting that day. Everyone teased them about it, especially Jungkook's father. A little while later, Jungkook's parents excused themselves to go to their bedroom and left the younger couples by themselves at the front porch.

The two couples were seated across each other with a small rectangular table in between them. Bottles of beer were displayed on the table. Chaeyoung and Lisa only had a bottle each while Jungkook and Bambam finished the rest. Bambam had been pestering Chaeyoung and Jungkook about how they confessed to each other while the couple was reluctant to share all the details.

When Chaeyoung asked the question back at him, regarding his and Lisa's reconciliation, he was tongue-tied himself. They laughed it off and chose to talk about other things instead. In a while, Chaeyoung and Lisa went to their room first while Jungkook and Bambam followed them to their own room a bit later.

The next morning, Chaeyoung woke up early. Lisa wasn't in their room so she assumed that she must have gone out already. She took a long and refreshing bath and dressed in a peach blouse and fitted jeans. She found Lisa alone on the front porch drinking coffee. She learned from Lisa that Jungkook's parents went to church early while Jungkook and Bambam were still sleeping. So she asked Lisa to help her prepare their breakfast. When they're done, Lisa volunteered to wake the men upstairs.

Chaeyoung was making her coffee when she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from the back. She looked up to see a heavy-eyed Jungkook whose head was comfortably lying on the crook of her neck. She tried to shake him off but failed lousily. She was about to turn to face him when someone loudly coughed from behind. Lisa was standing at the entrance of the kitchen while Bambam was trailing behind her. Upon seeing Lisa, Chaeyoung forcefully pushed Jungkook away and grinned at her best friend.

Jungkook whined when he bumped his head at the hanging cabinet above the kitchen counter as a result of Chaeyoung's unexpected action. But Chaeyoung ignored him and quietly brought her coffee to the dining room. Bambam and Lisa sat across her while the grumpy Jungkook grudgingly sat beside her. Jungkook gave Chaeyoung a side-eye before he started eating. She shrugged it off while Bambam and Lisa only chuckled at them.

After breakfast, they all prepared to go to church to attend mass. Then they went to the bazaar afterwards. They tried all kinds of local delicacies and even bought a few to bring back to the city. Awhile after, Bambam and Lisa decided to go the wet market across the bazaar, leaving Chaeyoung and Jungkook by themselves.