"I will talk to her. Don't worry too much, Haru and you too Yoshi." said the oldest Kang.

Jeongwoo is fully aware that the Kangs family issues are non of his business but he can't help but to wonder why Haruto's mother keep insisting the engagement when their business is obviously doing just fine or way better than that.

"Mr. Kang, please pardon my manners. I know that i should not get involve with your family issues. But can i ask something?"

"Go ahead."

The younger glance at Haruto before looking back to Daniel. His hands politely resting above his lap. "I don't understand why Mrs. Watanabe keep on insisting the engagement. Is this really just for the merging of two companies?"

Daniel gave him a luscious smile, his fingers slowly tapping the crochet table mat while shaking his head as if he just heard a hilarious question from a little kid.

"That's what elite families used to say, Jeongwoo. Everyone who push the idea of fixed marriage defended that they did it for merging. But it's not just that."

Jeongwoo look at the older in confusion. Daniel then continued, "Before I answer your question let me ask you something first. Why do you think our family business run for more than three decades without a fail?"

"Because everyone who sit in the highest position handled it well?" the younger answered but it turns out to be an unsure answer as he himself doesn't seem to be confident of what he said.

"Because everyone who took the position sacrificed something to maintain it. Someone else suffered for it to be successful." Yedam, who's been listening to the conversation interjects.

Daniel smiled. "Correct."

"What did you sacrificed then, Mr. Kang?"

“My teenage years” he paused for a second as if reminiscing a memory. “I had to sacrifice all those years and train to be someone who's capable of handling the position I have now.”

“But I don't have plans of taking over our business in the future. Therefore, i don't have to make a sacrifice or offer myself as one.” Haruto firmly said.

“One of the reasons why your mom keeps insisting the engagement.” Asahi commented, his hands clasped over the table. “If you won't take over our branch in Japan then who would?”

“Why don't you take over then?” the younger counter attacked, offended for an unknown reason.

“I’m obviously not interested.” answered the latter.

“See? we're the same.”

“No, we're not.”

“H—”

“My mom is not greedy unlike yours.”

ASAHIDaniel exclaimed that made everyone look at him. The older sighed as he shake his head. “Stop.”

“It’s not like he's lying tho.” Junkyu whispered from the side resulting to Jihoon giving him a nudge. “Why? I'm just saying the truth.”

“Let’s not put it that way. Listen—” The oldest Kang got his words cut off when Yoonbin put down his utensils making a sound.

“But Junkyu is right. Isn't the reason why aunt Ah Ria keep insisting the engagement is because Haruto refused to take over in the future? She's pushing the engagement instead so that Haruto will still have a full inheritance.”