25.

Samiel Asghedom

Samiel Asghedom

"Samiel, nice to finally meet you"

Damirus therapist shook my hand with a smile at her front door before she let us in.

""I hope she didn't tell you nothing crazy about me"

"No of course not just the basics" I chuckled knowing even if she did her therapist had to keep her information confidential.

"Thank you for helping her, I'm happy to see her growth"

"I only asked the questions and gave some advice your girl here did all the hard work to gain and maintain sobriety"

"I can really maintain it now that I'm super pregnant" Damirus announced proudly her therapist jaw dropped and eyes got wide.

"No freaking way!"

"Four months, we are having a little girl"

Dr. Shay's shock continued.

"Well congratulations to you both, I am going to get you guys mentally in shape for your bundle of joy"

Never had I been to a therapist, niggas from the streets never believed in seeing a professional for help but for my woman and our baby girl I would.

"So are we a couple or working on it?"

"Both" Damirus replied smiling, sitting down on the couch beside me, I put my arm over her shoulder.

"I know a lot about Damirus from these past few months I want to put focus on you Samiel, can you give me some things you want to accomplish during therapy?"

" My communication skills I'm harsh when it comes to speaking and I wanna learn how to talk to Damirus without throwing shots or with anger that's not how I wanna treat her or want our daughter to witness"

Dr. Shay jotted down notes in her book, Damirus gave me a smile and nod.

"Was your household like that growing up"

"Nah my parents had their issues when they were together but they never let me or my siblings hear or see them fighting"

"So what do you think cause your approach to be so aggressive? I pushed my glasses up.

"It had everything to do with me being on the streets when I was selling drugs as a teenager, the first thing we learned from the OG's was show no emotion and be ready for anything so I was all about fighting to show my strength and it stuck with me"

I wanted to learn how to be more gentle with Damirus and I wanted to be more gentle for my daughter I couldn't let myself be mean and disrespectful to them.

"Okay so Damirus I want you to tell Samiel how his words and tone effect"

" I feel small and it takes me back to how I was treated as a child"