Chapter 16

Carls POV

Amberlynn plopped down and cuddled with the pillow. I turn and face her who was looking at me "You know Amb. You can cuddle with me?" Amberlynn rolled are eyes playfully "Come here Grimes." I scooted closer to her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist "Your warm. Your my new pillow." I chuckled "Your new pillow I will be then." Then I heard light snoring.
*
*
*
We were all sitting in a circle eating when Beth said "Instead of me singing tonight Ambers going to." Amberlynn had fire in her eyes. Daryl looked over at Amberlynn "Alright let's here what ya got." I sat back and watch Amberlynn start to sing "The preacher man says it's the end of time and the Mississippi River she's going dry.

The interest is up and the stock markets down and you only get mugged if you go downtown.

I live back in the woods you see my woman and the kids and the dogs and me.

I got a shotgun and a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive.

Country folks can survive.
I can plow a field all day lone catch catfish from dusk till dawn.

Make our own whiskey and our own smoke too ain't to many things these boys can't do.

We grow good old tomatoes and homemade whine and a country boy can survive, country folks can survive.

Cause you can't stomp us out and you can't make us run cause were them ole boys raised on shotguns.

We say grace and we at mam and if you ain't in to that we don't give a damn.

We came from the West Virginia coal mine's and Rocky Mountains and Western skies.

And we can skin a buck, we can run a trout line and a country boy can survive, country folks can survive.

I had a good friend in New York City he never called me by my name just hillbilly.

My grandpa taught me how to live off the land and his taught him to be a business man.

He used to send me pictures of the Broadway Nights and I would send him some homemade wine.

But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife for forty- three dollars my friend lost his life.

I'd love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes and shot him with my ole forty- five cause a country boy can survive.

Country folks can survive.

Cause you can't stomp us out and you can't make us run and were them ole boy raised on shotgun.

We say grace we say mam if you ain't that we don't give a damn.

We're from North California and South Alabam' and little towns all around this land.

We can skin a buck, and run a trout line and country boy can survive, country folks can survive.

Country boy can survive, country folks can survive. " After that we all went to bed.