Chapter 22

Note: Heyy, so um, listen, it turns out that I've actually already written to Chapter 25 of this book like 3 years ago on Quotev but I've just forgotten to update it on Wattpad, so um, here you go now~ XP

My heart thudded fiercely within my chest as I ran up the emergency stairs of the hospital; my breathing was ragged and the muscles in my legs were beginning to ache. The hospital's elevators just so happened to be on a repair and I was left with no other choice than to use the narrow flight of stairs to reach to the second floor where Karma's room was.

I had ran all the way from the bookstore café because I was apparently down on my luck and wasn't able to hail any cabs. I probably looked like a madwoman with my disheveled hair and wild eyes clouded with pure concern and panic for Karma's well-being when I burst through the hospital entrance and rushed towards the information counter. But considering how solicitous I was, I couldn't care less about what other people would make of my savage appearance.   

Just after I had made a turn left into a hall on the second floor, my eyes caught sight of a familiar petite, blue-haired male exiting through the door at the end of the hallway. "Nagisa-kun!" I exclaimed without a second thought which caught the attention of Karma's friend and fellow classmate. His downcast head instantly jerked up upon hearing the sound of his name being called and I noticed his cerulean eyes widened when he saw me heading towards him.

"(L/ N)-chan!" he called out my name in surprise.

"You've seen Karma," I breathed out once I reached him. "How is he?"

Hesitation was written clearly across the blue-haired male's features as he replied, "He's fine."
I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "There's something that you're not telling me, Nagisa-kun. What is it?"

"It... it's nothing, (L/ N)-chan..." he mumbled as he avoided eye contact with me that only made my suspicion grow.

"I... never mind, I'll go ask Karma myself-"

"You can't!" Nagisa exclaimed as he moved his body in front of me, blocking me excess to the door to Karma's room. "The doctor's giving Karma-kun an examination right now, you'll have to-"

"I don't care if he's being examined or not, I'm going in to see him right now!" I argued and attempted to move him aside.

"W-wait! Karma-kun! H-he collapsed from drug overdose!" he blurted out and his eyes grew once he'd realized what he'd done.

My own eyes widened in disbelief at his words. "What...?"

He then tried to explain, "I-I- When I meant drug, it-it was actually medication-"

"What medication?" I demanded before he could finish; he was obviously fidgeting and my harsh demeanor wasn't helping at all but I was concerned and my composure was swiftly starting to slip away.

Nagisa paused for a moment before finally answering, "Olanzapine."

My body froze at the mention of the medication; from all of my research of human psychology and psychotherapeutic drugs, I knew in a heartbeat that Olanzapine was an antipsychotic medication without even needing to think twice of my facts. Psychotherapeutic drugs were generally difficult to obtain so it was a mystery how Karma had gotten his hands on them. But... the real question was, why on earth would he decide to take them?

"Nagisa-kun, please move aside." I told the blue-haired male with my tone devoid of any emotion; I felt shocked, concerned, and furious all at the same time and I knew that if I didn't pull myself together, I would lose control and break down.

No longer having the patience to wait for his answer, I vigorously pushed him aside and burst through the door and into the room. "Karma-kun!" I called out as my eyes darted around the room in search of the redhead.