Chapter 10

My eyes burned.

I was seated on Karma's bed in his room with my laptop placed on my lap and I'd been staring at my laptop screen for over two hours, scouring the Internet and scrolling down article after article for any possible mental illnesses that would match with Karma's symptoms but I surmised lady luck wasn't in my favor since I found absolutely nothing.

I sighed, exasperated and ran a hand through my messy locks.

"Maybe you should take a break?" Karma's voice suggested beside me and I let out a grumble in reply.

"No, I'm close to figuring it out." I groaned. That was a lie, a stupid, obvious lie.

"From all those grunts and sighs you're making," he carried on and shifted closer to me on the bed. I didn't tear my eyes away from the screen. "I highly doubt that. Come on, (L/ N)-san, your eyes are starting to tear up, you need a break."

"No, I don't need one." I hissed; wow, I was going all out on lying that day.

I heard Karma sigh but I decided to ignore him and continue with my never-ending-search. A few minutes had passed and when he didn't say anything else, I thought that I'd finally succeeded in getting him off my back, but just as I was about to click on a website link, I felt Karma's soft, warm lips on my neck. I gasped.

"Don't make me force you, (L/ N)-san," he murmured against my neck; his hot breath hitting the sensitive skin at the base, sending a shiver down my spine. "Just for a few minutes, take a break." He slipped a finger under the strap of my tank top and gently tugged it down my shoulder.

My lips parted as I felt his lips make contact with the burning skin of my collarbone; a kiss so light and delicate I would've mistaken it for the breeze. "I..." I trailed off, my voice had gone weak and airy. He placed another kiss on my shoulder; his lips felt like a cool oasis on my scorching skin and I gave into his sweet seduction. "I guess a few minutes wouldn't hurt..." I mumbled timidly.

"Good." I could feel Karma's lips tugging up into his signature smirk against my shoulder; he wrapped his strong arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap. I placed my laptop down on the floor beside the bed before turning to face him and for the first time since I'd begun my Internet search, I met those captivating mercury eyes that could had only belonged to him.

And I was right, he was smirking and it suited him. I gave him a soft smile and allowed my eyes to slowly fall shut as he leaned in to close the gap between our lips. I melted into the kiss; his smooth lips moved in perfect synchronization with mine and for that mere moment, I felt weightless; the dilemmas that troubled me forgotten completely as I lost myself in the sweet bliss that was Akabane Karma.

My hands which were placed on his clothed chest, glided up to feel the sliver of exposed skin at the collar of his buttoned-up. Karma's body was surprisingly toned and his skin felt as hot as mine was under my touch and it sent a thrill through me to know that I was the cause of it. Karma licked my lips, asking for an entrance and I was suddenly overcame with an unknown source of confidence as I declined him and shifted my legs so I was straddling him. My arms wrapped themselves around his neck as I gently bit down on his bottom lip and gave it a light tug, making a faint groan escape Karma's lips. He smirked and his arms pulled me closer until my body was completely pressed against his.

My lips... my neck... my entire body, felt like it was on fire and I didn't know how much more I could take until I melted into a state of sheer euphoria. I released Karma's lip which tasted of peppermint and sweetness and I opened my heavy-lidded-eyes to meet his glowing mercury ones.

"I never had you pegged out as a dominant one, (L/ N)-san." He murmured, his smirk playful while his eyes were clouded with undeniable lust and desire.
I gave him a smirk of my own and threaded my fingers into his vibrant red hair. "Well, we can't possibly have this relationship one-sided, now can we?"

"But that's how I like my relationships." He replied, his gaze never leaving me once.

"Now, you're quite a control-freak, aren't you?" I teased.

"I guess I am." He whispered and captured my lips into another heated kiss; that was it, the end of the conversation that neither of us wanted to continue because we were both desperate for each other's touch.

He kissed me with a fervent sense of urgency and I kissed him back; he requested for entrance again and I couldn't resist it any longer and gave in to his temptation. He wasted no time slipping his tongue inside and exploring the taste of me as his hands slid down my curves until they landed on my thighs. My fingers tangled themselves in his crimson locks while his tugged into my thigh-high socks and started to slowly pull them down my legs, revealing more of my bare skin as he did so.

Karma broke away from the kiss only to trail more kisses on my jawline then down my neck. I was unable to contain my soft sighs of bliss as I savored the burning sensation of his lips on me and I took in the familiar boyish scent of him; it was intoxicating and I was drunk on it, addicted.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I was about to reach for Karma's face to pull him in for another kiss when I caught a glimpse of the darkening sky through the window of his room. My eyes went wide; I immediately pushed myself off of the redhead and headed for my laptop which had been left on the floor. I swiftly picked it up and shut it before shoving it into my bag which was also on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I heard Karma ask.

"I have to go," I glanced to him, panicked. "It's getting late and I have to get home. I have homework to finish and my parents are out of town so I have to take care of the house-"

"Your parents are out of town?" Karma interrupted me before I could finish. I sighed and nodded. "Yes."

"So you're all alone tonight?" he got up from his bed and made his way over to me.

"Yes." I said and was about to reach for my socks which were on the floor when I felt Karma's familiar arms wrap around me. "Karma-kun, what are you-"

"Stay the night here." He murmured against my cheek.

I flushed crimson. "W-what?"

"You said it yourself that it's getting late so there is no way that I'm letting you out on the streets alone only to return to your house which is deserted." He said. "So stay the night here, with me."

"I-I..." I trailed off, speechless.

"And tomorrow's Saturday so you still have time to finish your homework before you need to hand it in." he added.

"But... I don't have anything to wear..." I mumbled bashfully.

He buried his face in the crook of my neck and murmured, "You can wear my clothes."

"I-I can't! I'd look ridiculous!" I stammered, I was beyond flustered by that point.

"No, you won't," he said and placed a butterfly kiss on my neck. "You'd look adorably sexy, and besides, it's every guy's dream to see their girlfriend in their clothes."

I was blushing like mad; we'd only started dating a few days ago and that was the first time I heard him refer to me as his girlfriend and honestly, it made me unbelievably happy. I took a moment to consider his suggestion before finally saying, "Fine."

Karma grinned and kissed the delicate skin behind my ear. "You're the best."

I pouted. "And you don't play fair."

"I never do." He said before kissing me.