ten.

"Somehow
A part of me still believes you are my soulmate
That you're just lost
And you'll find your way back to me eventually."

      Melione lingered on the roof of a big building, watching the sleeping city below her. She smirked when she recognized a specific smell, "Come join me for dinner Alec."

The boy who had felt the urge to follow her earlier, stalked closer to Melione knowing there was no need to hide anymore, his red eyes glowing in the dark, "Why were you following me?" She asked him.

"Would you believe me if I told you I don't know?"

"No."

"It's the truth though." He shrugged.

Mel grinned at him, "Well isn't that lovely." She honed her senses, her eyes falling on two drunk teens wondering down a dull lit street. Without a second thought she leaped from her perch landing in front of the two, knocking one of them unconscious and sank her teeth into the other male, not leaving a single drop of blood in his body.

She turned back to Alec who was now leaning on the building next to her, watching her curiously, "Hungry?" She asked him gesturing over at the unconscious human. He nodded as she threw him over her shoulder and skipped happily over to him presenting the boy to him. Alec picked his prey up by the neck cautiously never once taking his eye off of his former lover.

"Go on." She ushered him. Unable to resist the urge much longer, he sank his own teeth into the human's neck savoring the taste of fresh human blood.

"What brings you here Melione?" He asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Alec Alec Alec," She teased, "I believe it is obvious to everyone by now that I'm a close friend of the Romanians, so it's only logical that they would call me if they're in need of my help."

"You being here in our presence would only cause Aro to want you in our guard more, especially after finding out about your powers."

She let out a fake gasp, "So now he finds me interesting, he's like..." She trailed off thinking,  "A thousand years too late."

"It would be better for yourself if you leave, you would be saving everyone a lot of trouble."

"And where's the fun in that Alec." She retorted, "I'd like to see him try to catch me."

"Do not forget that we have a tracker that has already caught your tenor on our side, that means it would be impossible for you to get away." He snarled getting closer to her.

Mel leaned in until she was a few inches away from his face, "That, is where you're awfully wrong."

And just like that, she was sucked in a puff of darkness, disappearing from the street, leaving Alec the task of taking care of the bodies.

===

Around the 800' A.D.:

      Mel's eyes snapped open as she shot up on what seemed to be a bed, she didnt have to wait for her eyes to adjust to anything. Everything was instantly in crystal clear clarity. Above her, she could clearly see dust floating around the candle-litted room. Above that, she could see the ceiling and every single imperfection that was present on it.