23. Trying Something New

Shawn wasn't too sure why he'd agreed to come and watch this film. He really had no clue what had passed through his mind, and that was all he could think about as he shifted awkwardly in the seat. It was what he could only assume at this point to be the sixth sex scene, and he rubbed his hand across his forehead.

Lewis was rubbing a hand over his face for the trillionth time, mumbling about how he really doesn't think Jessi would want him to be watching this film. Connor and Niall were having the time of their lives, cheering and making faces each time someone made a move, a ruckus kicking up between them. Sam had a red face and wide eyes, but his jaw hung open slightly as he watched the film.

"Guys.. guys I have to go. Jessi would not want me to be watching this kinda' film!" He got up, feet rapidly ascending the stairs of the empty theatre and out, and a snicker spread across the three older boys.

"Course, no, Hailee would want him to be living it. What kind of excuse was that?" Sam looked over at Niall as he spoke, and Shawn and Connor grinning in agreement.

"Nobody lives this. Look at it." Shawn huffed, a smirk on his face as he kicked his legs out into the space in front of him, propping his feet on the back of the empty chair in front of him.

"What? Shawn this is so tame." Niall scoffed, hand waving in the direction of the film as the woman moaned out, the boys' attention now all on him.

"W-What? No. People don't actually do that.. I mean, look at them!" His arms flung out towards the gigantic screen, and shifted in his seat, all three boys with eyes narrowed or eyebrows raised at him. "I mean.. I stick to like.. three key moves. I don't do this, I shouldn't be doing this, right?"

"Dude, you should definitely be doing that." Niall mumbled, cheeks flaming up as his eyes glossed over, mind clearly trailing away to Hailee. He coughed, clearing his throat and snapping back into the moment, and Connor looked between the scared boy and the flannel-wearing one.

"Uhm.. yeah. What do you mean 'three key moves'?" Connor's grin was widening as Shawn flushed, clearing his throat and scratching at his neck.

"I haven't even had sex yet and even I know you'd do that!" Sam shouted, quieting himself down and glancing around the empty theatre, biting his bottom lip and mumbling an apology as the three older boys looked at him with glares.

"Spill, Shawn. What are these three key moves, they better be good." Niall had a shit-eating grin on his face, a handful of popcorn being shoved into his mouth, kernels falling free and finding a home in the material around his neck.

"I don't want to say.. I'm kinda' doubting.. like.. everything right now." A deep sigh left his lips, and Niall began to pick the lost corns from his scarf, flicking them at him as he tried to deflect them.

"Stop it!"

"Tell us, then!" Both the brunette and the blonde prompted, high-fiving one another as they laughed, and Niall nodded along eagerly.

"Fine. But I am far too sober for this conversation. If we're doing this, I need to be-"

"Oh, my God! This is the perfect time for a circle!" Connor gasped, slapping at his friend's arms and Shawn threw his head back, a loud groan leaving his lips and Niall stood, grabbing his popcorn and drink, tucking the snack box under his arm and using his free hand to yank a confused Sam to his feet by a fistful of his jumper at his shoulder. Connor ushered them both out of the aisle, and Shawn followed along, the film long forgotten as he patted down his pockets for his keys.

He clicked open the jeep, the three arguing over who gets shotgun, while Shawn rounded the side and hopped into the driver's seat. Niall ended up winning, slurping away at his drink and fiddling with the AUX cord as he plugged it into his phone.