Chapter 5. The Rogue Attack

Anthony's POV

I was aimlessly staring at the cream coloured ceiling of the room, laying on my back on the bed in the hopes of falling asleep when a voice interrupts,

'Alpha, there's an attack by the rogues near the pack border,' Giovanni says through the pack's mind-link.

'Make sure nobody gets hurt. Send elderly pack members and children to the bunker along with guards. I'll be there in a few minutes. Take care of the matter until then.' I inform my beta, Gio and delta, Max, both in my alpha tone.

'As you say, Alpha.' They reply in unison before cutting the link.

Once I'm done with the instructions, I quickly jerk up to a sitting position and get off the bed in seconds. I'm ready on my feet to go within a minute. I head out of my room and exit the castle stealthily.

It's past midnight so everyone must be sleeping. I shouldn't bother them. I'll let the queen and Daniel know first thing in the morning. For now, I'll see which rogue dared to attack my pack.

Shifting into my huge white-furred wolf midway through the forest, I rush towards the border of my pack in a speed of a bullet.

My wolf is fast. When I say fast, it's faster than an alpha wolf or a royal. Which sometimes makes me wonder how it's even possible. And then, there's the fact that I have a strange fur or should I say, tail. Well, all royal wolf's have white fur-coat---the queen, Daniel and my Carla---but even they don't have silver tail. . . .

I peak a glance at my metallic coloured tail attached to my wolf. It shines under the moonlight eliciting a vibrant white light. It looks like a steel tail although it's completely furry and the fur is the one with such strange colour.

There were times when other alphas or wolves would question about the colour of my fur. The white fur is quite an attention seeker considering only the royals have such fur-coat. And for them, I'm not a royal.

So, I have made the stupidest excuse one could think of. I said them it was my gift from the moongoddess. There were rare cases when Alpha of a certain pack received a gift from moongoddess herself. And they thought I was one of those rarity since my pack was the strongest among the others. Stupid wolves. Although their stupidity is the thing keeping my identity hidden. Then it's a good thing I suppose?

Fortunately for me, the royals don't shift on regular basis until it's very necessary. So the other wolves can't compare easily since they haven't really seen a royal in their wolf form up close.

The reverie comes to an end when I reach the border. I spot the pack warriors fighting a few rogues. My eyes squinted at the size of the rogues.

They were bigger and looked more buff than a normal rogue. And what's with the yellow eyes?

The rogues usually have red eyes and sometimes black but yellow is never heard of. Besides, they look more agile and skilled in their movements. Aren't rogues supposed to be sloppy and over quick? Something is definitely not right with these rogues.

I pounce onto a rogue who is about to attack a pack member with it's snout. The rogue wolf falls to the ground not expecting the pounce but soon stands back on its four legs and growls barring it's teeth my way before lunging at me.

I jump towards it and stretch my snout enough to bite down on its neck. The rogue howls in pain before falling limp. Dead.

I rush to help other pack members taking down many rogues at the same time by ripping their heads of with my sharp canines as I feel my adrenaline push through.