Chapter 30: final

Start from the beginning

"I was until this morning. I was able to wrap things up a little faster than originally planned. Also, I am partially the reason why your ride was late. I wanted to surprise you."

"You are wonderful, and I am so happy to see you." I pull him closer just as the driver pulls off, and the force of the sudden movement sends me flying over and the next thing I know, he is on top of me.

"I missed you a lot." He says alluringly as he stares into my eyes.

It still feels like a dream as he kisses me.

We pull up to the event location after a brief stop at my apt at Kai's insistence that I change into something fancier than what I was wearing for Garren's party.

From the outside, the night lounge didn't look like anything special, but on the inside, once again I was amazed at Garren's staff's ability to turn any place into a million dollar resort.

"All of this for me?" I say as we make our way toward the main room. I clap my hands excitedly.

I hear Kai chuckle then feel his arm encircle my waist. He pulled me close kissing the top of my head. "Well you are our favorite person. There isn't anything that I wouldn't do for you."

I look up at him and he is smiling at me, but I can tell that he is hiding something. We make our way up a set of stairs moving toward what looks to be a private lounge area. This place starts to look more familiar the further in I go.

"Is this the place that we met at all those months ago?" I ask suddenly and he nods. "Wow! It looks so different during the day." I laugh. "To be fair though, the only thing I remember about that night is meeting you. It didn't help that we took a helicopter here either. Interesting that he chose this particular place."

"We figured it would be a fitting place for your party."

"We?" I asked, but I didn't get the opportunity to hear his explanation as the doors opened up before me and everyone inside the room shouted in greeting. In spite of already knowing about the party, I still found myself squealing in surprise and when I looked around and really took a look at the people gathered in the room, I squealed even louder. There was Greg (of coarse) but Riyan was here also. I ran over and hugged them thanking them for coming. I see Janet next, and as I hug her she scolds me again for just running out like I did but she gives her approval with a side glance in Kai's direction.

The next person I see brings tears to my eyes. He stands alone seemingly among the crowd, and yet, he is in the middle of them.

"Daddy!" I rush over to him wrapping my arms around him practically knocking him over. He steadies us as he hugs me back. I feel a pang of regret that I let so many weeks go by without seeing him, but I am ecstatic that he is here with me now. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard there was going to be a big party for a very special woman that I know." He says as he looks over at Greg.

I laugh looking over at Greg as well. "I can't wait to meet her." Everyone laughs. I gasp as I realize that he has never met Kai, and has only seen him in the photos that I have sent over the past week. I look around for him, and then beckoned him over. "As you know, there is someone I have been wanting you to meet." Kai comes forward to stand beside me. "Dad, This is the guy I told you so much about.

"I know; we've met." He says as he smiles at me, knowingly.

"What? You did?" I look at him a bit surprised. I turn to look at Kai, and what I see takes my breath away and I am at a loss for words.

I see Kai standing before me, and in his hand there is a ring, in a small blue velvet box with a tiny bow on top of it. I notice that the room has gone quiet in anticipation.