akaashi keiji | fighting for his attention

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ ⋆ ♡̩̥̩♡̩̩̥͙♡̩͙ˊˎ﹤

     You tap your foot anxiously as you kept glancing at the clock. According to the clock, school was over in three minutes, but you've found that it is about two minutes slow, meaning school would be over in a minute. You slowly pack up your work to avoid the eyes on your teacher before slipping it into your bag.

     Just as your teacher was about to remind the class not to pack up early, the bell rang and you shot up and raced out of the classroom to the second year hallway. Thankfully, the first year hallway was only a two minute walk from the second year, unlike the third year's who were on the other side of the building.

     Once you got there, you saw what you had hoped for. Your boyfriend, alone, leaning up against the doorframe waiting for you.

     You walk up to him and tap him on the shoulder. He looks up from his phone and a smile spreads across his face at the sight of you. "Hey babe," He murmurs and presses a small kiss to your cheek before intertwining his fingers with yours.

     You lived for small moments like there. Akaashi wasn't big on PDA, but he didn't mind small gestures, like a hand around your shoulder or a small peck on the lips before parting ways. For you, the little things like that meant more than grand make out sessions in the hallways that made everyone around you uncomfortable.

     "AKAAAASHI!"

     And just like that, the moment was over. You turn around to your boyfriend owl-like best friend coming down the hallway with open arms.

     Akaashi and you hadn't been dating for too long. You had gone to the same middle school as him and had been acquaintances, as you had a few mutual friends, even though he was in the grade above you. Once you had gotten to high school, the boy you had known in middle school was not nearly the same. His scrawny build had been traded in for a lean layer of muscle and his round face was now had a sharp jawline and sharper features. But that wasn't the only thing that was different. The meek boy who could barely raise his hand in class was now confidently the setter of a powerhouse team.

     The two of you instantly hit it off when you had accidentally stumbled into the boy's volleyball gym on your way to PE while he was in there practicing spikes with Bokuto three months ago. He had asked you on a date a week later and you have been officially dating for a little over a month and a half.

     Everything was perfect, except for his bone-headed best friend. Of course, you love Bokuto. After all, he was the one to push Akaashi to make the first move and ask you out. The only problem was, Bokuto was always around.

     If you went to Akaashi's house, he was there. If he came to your house, Bokuto would tag along with him. On your walk home, Bokuto would walk in between you while stuffing hot dogs into his mouth. He would even come on dates with the two of you and make comments whenever you and Akaashi would say sweet things to each other or show any kind of physical affection.