oikawa tooru | burn

╔═════ ∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Why had I decided to go out with her in public? Why had I let her kiss her when I had just seen a reporter a second before? Why had even I even decided to be with her in the first place?

Shit.

The headline of 'Tooru Oikawa committing adultery?' followed by a series of photos of her lips on his flashed on Oikawa's screen earlier this morning. His agent emailed him a few moments later, essentially demanding him to clear this up as soon as possible, or else Argentina could cancel their contract with him. After all, skill was only half of what it was to make it professionally, the other half was public image.

He had immediately booked a plane ticket to Tokoyo, threw on sunglasses and a hat to attempt to not get recognized, which led him to be here, outside your apartment. You, his girlfriend who he hasn't seen in nearly two months. A girlfriend who checked the news religiously and would without a doubt have been informed of the countless articles the minute they were published.

Taking a deep breath, he opens up the apartment door with the spare key you had given him. Rather than met with the intense cries of screams he had expected, a silence hit him, thick enough to be cut with a knife. Moving through the dark apartment, he notices light streaming through the doorway to her office.

He knocks on the door lightly, "Babe?"

No response. He knocks once again, slightly louder.

Defining silence.

He opens the door to a sight he had seen countless times before. You sitting at her desk, papers stacked on either side of her, the fireplace on, and your pretty head too focused on what you're doing to even notice that he had walked in.

"{Y/N}" He breathes out and takes a step closer to her chair, laying his hands on the back of it. You still don't respond, your eyes raking over the paper in front of you. He purses his lips and moves to the side of her chair, squatting down to below your eye level. "{Y/N}-" He feels a large lump bring itself to the top of his throat, "{Y/N}, please" He croaks out, tears forming in his eyes. You don't even move your eyes in his direction and your entire body language would lead anyone to believe that you're alone. "I-I need you to talk to me."

You purse her lips and pick up the piece of paper you were reading, putting it into the pile on your left, before grabbing another from the pile on your right and laying it down on the table to read. "Do you want to know what I'm doing right now?" You ask in a pointed tone.

He breathes a sigh in relief that you weren't outright ignoring his existence, "Please tell me {Y/N}" He says quietly.

"I'm reading them," You pick up the paper on her desk and hold it up. He instantly recognizes it as the letter he had written to her while he was in Argentina about how he had seen Shoyo. "I'm rereading all of them, all the letters you wrote me while you were away for those two months."