꧁𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑡꧂

You walked into Walmart a couple days later (not the one you had previously worked at), looking at a grocery list on your phone.

  "Shit, I need a lot of things. Am I gonna be able to afford all of this?" You sighed, grabbing a cart from the cart rack. You pushed it inside of the store, walking around and occasionally grabbing the things you needed. You wandered into the candy isle. You didn't need anything from there, but since you had been working so hard lately you figured you deserved a treat. Your eyes lit up once you spotted your favorite candy, and you quickly pushed your cart to the shelf it was on.

  "Come to mama." You giggled, reaching up to grab it, when you felt another hand touch the bag. You froze, gripping onto it. You looked up to see who the person was, and your face fell.

  "Why the fuck do I always run into you?" You hissed at Bakugo, trying to tug the bag away from him. Bakugo scowled, tugging back.

  "Why do you always run into me?" He snapped, not relinquishing the bag. You gritted your teeth, tugging harder.

  "Give me the bag."

  Bakugo tugged just as hard, almost making your grip falter.

  "Over my dead body."

  You were now in a game of tug-of-war with your enemy, neither of you releasing the bag. You glared into his blood red eyes, pissed that he had, once again, ruined your day. Bakugo suddenly smirked, and as you were about to pull again he released the bag, making you fall backwards with extreme force. You dropped the bag of candy, and landed on your butt. You winced, looking up as Bakugo picked up the bag, smirking.

  "By the way, I don't even like this candy. I just noticed you were gonna grab it and decided to save it from your rat hands."

  Your eyes widened in shock and anger, and you felt yourself tear up. You were sick of him messing with you. You hated that he, once again, walked into your life just to ruin it. He was a major asshole.

  "I can never have anything nice when you're around, can I?" You said through gritted teeth, feeling tears stream down your face. Bakugo flinched, his eyes widening as he watched your crying figure slowly get up and grab your cart. You shot him a glare, sniffling. "You're definitely worse than you were in highschool."

  And with that, you pushed your cart out of the aisle, wiping your flowing tears. You stormed up to the check-out line, gripping onto the handlebar of your cart tightly. The cashier smiled at you as you placed your items onto the conveyor belt, scanning them.

  "Hi, Miss, how are you doing today?"

  "I'm alright, thanks." You laughed slightly, still wiping your eyes on your sweater sleeve. The cashier stared at you for a minute, before smiling again and continuing to scan your items.

  "That's gonna be $50.78."

  You nodded and reached into your pocket for your wallet, only to discover it wasn't there. Your eyes widened, and you had a flashback to when you were leaving your apartment. You had left it on the table next to the front door.

  "Today of all days to leave my wallet." You fake-laughed, voice trembling. "I'll just put this stuff back-"

  "I'll pay for it." You heard a gruff voice above you say. You looked up to see Bakugo holding out his credit card to the cashier, a serious expression on his face. You were...shocked to say the least. He glanced down at you and sighed, placing the bag of candy onto the belt. "Add this to it, too."

  The cashier stared in amazement at Bakugo, then nodded and scanned the bag, ringing up the receipt. "Then that'll be $52.34."

  Bakugo handed his credit card to the young man, red eyes staring down at you. You looked up at him with surprise, lips parted. The cashier handed you the receipt along with your bags, smiling.

  "Have a nice day!"

  You walked out of the store with Bakugo, bags on both your arms and his. You were quiet. Why did he do that for you? He hated you, and you hated him...right?

  "I don't need your charity." You muttered, staring blankly into space as you started placing the bags in the trunk of your car.

  "It's not charity, dumbass. I just...felt like doing that." Bakugo grumbled, placing the bags he had on his arms in the trunk. "And you were crying like a little bitch over candy, so..."

  "I was not!" You snapped, face flushing. "You're such a dick, Bakugo, what the hell is your problem?"

  Bakugo's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something before you stormed to the front of your car, opening the door to the driver's seat and starting to get in. You paused, turning your head to glare at him, your lips pursed.

  "Thank you for buying my groceries, I appreciate it, I owe you one, now fuck off."

  You got into the car, slamming the door behind you. You started the car, glancing behind you to make sure you weren't hitting anything. Well, you wouldn't mind if you hit Bakugo. You backed out of your parking spot and drove off, not sparing your enemy a second glance. You gritted your teeth as you drove, gripping onto the steering wheel.

  "I hate him."