CHAPTER 10: VOWS THAT BIND US

Start from the beginning

"We know, how bad it used to be Ava. You don't have to try and console us." Ethy stated seriously. I don't want this Ethy.

"Did something happen between you and him ?" Reecie asked.

"No..no..nothing happened..just this marriage, a new place, new people got me a bit edgy." I lied. Sorry brothers !!

"Hmm...does he know ?" I immediately shook my head.

"I told you it wasn't so bad, he didn't come to know. I'll..I'll tell him once I am ready. And now will you both please cheer up. I am okay." I said giving them both a back hug.

"Go home. I am not listening anything." Reecie said in his authoritative tone.

"I agree...you look like a zombie." Ethy added.

"But..I am."

"Go home." They both said in unison and left. I huffed, nevertheless left for his house.

____________

"No. no. please no.. I'll be good..I'll be...ahh" I screamed as I woke up from my sleep. I was sweating profusely. I sat up and massaged my temple.

Once I calmed down, I took a look at time, 5:30p.m.

I made myself presentable and went out. After drinking some water. I carried my laptop to the balcony and started working. There was still sometime time left to cook.

I was working, when he came back and seated down without even acknowledging my presence

I was working, when he came back and seated down without even acknowledging my presence. He looked really exhausted.

I placed my laptop aside and silently strolled towards the kitchen. I fetched a glass of water, and carried it to him. His eyes were closed and a frown was formed on his forehead, still he looked as handsome as ever. I placed the glass on the table. Upon hearing the sound he immediately opened his eyes and our eyes met. Same jittery feeling as yesterday returned in my stomach.

I averted my gaze and turned around to head back to the kitchen. None of us spoke anything and I walked away.

________

"You're taking away my job from me." Laura said.

"No. It's not like that. I like cooking food. Back at my house, I cooked food myself and even if I am snatching your job. I have a new job for you."

"What is that ?"

"Just sit and talk to me."

"Oh honey, you're such a sweetheart." I smiled at her words. We were both chatting when we heard a beautiful feminine voice.

"Baby." She squealed and immediately rushed towards his room while I was standing there, perplexed.

"Who is she ?" I turned back to face Laura, who had a look of dislike on her face.

"She is Zach's girlfriend, Lisa." wait ...what ? My expression yelled confusion.

Meanwhile, she was in the middle of hallway, when Zach came towards her. She immediately jumped in his arms and without wasting any minute, he wrapped his arms around her. I felt a pang in my heart. I was trying to win someone who can't ever be mine.

"Lis, go in my room. I'll be there in a minute." He said, she nodded and after giving him a peck and me a look, she left. I averted my eyes away from them and began to walk away when his voice stopped me.

"I love her, if it wasn't for you, I could have been with her." I could sense anger in his voice.

"I think we both married for our reasons, we can't just blame each other. And as far as your relationship is concerned, you can still be with her. I won't say a word." I mumbled and left.

I have so many questions right now,
But most important of all is, why did dad ask me to marry him when he already had a girlfriend ? What have I gotten myself into.

__________

Really what has she got herself into !!

Please let me know, below if you're liking story so far.