chapter 9

I'm so sorry too keep you waiting. I got a minor case of writers block. Sorry. 😅
Charlie's pov
Well, it's four days till Leo's birthday. I have no idea what too give him. I did start putting his rap into a song I've been trying to make. It sounds really good. I was at school when I got the idea. He was so impressed with my recording equipment and since he makes music maybe he would like some. It's pretty expensive, but I think I could convince my mum too big some for him. When I got home she was surprisingly easy to persuade (Charlie doesn't know,but Harvy told Charlie's mum that Charlie had kissed Leo, because Harvy is a naughty friend). We were ordering it online from Canada. 🇨🇦 it was only supposed too take a day but our shipping plane crashed and then it was out of stock so they had too have more shipped too them. It was going too come finally on Leo's birthday, but mum is going to have to drop it off during the party.

Leondre's pov
Well we bought the cake, (cheesecake hehe. That's my favorite.) we have cleaned the house till it's spotless. I wasn't able too get rid of Tilly,(my little sister) but she promised not too interrupt us or anything. Before I knew it,everyone was here and bringing packages in. Mom put them on a small table in the dining room and said for us too go do something. Me and Charlie talked about music and he said, hey Leo, did you say you wrote music? Yeah. I said. I write raps. Can I see? He asked. Umm... I said. I guess. But... Their not all happy... I grabbed my notebook from in my drawer. Here I said. He read though the first one in the book. Then the second. He finished the second one and closed it. Then he came closer and gave me a big bear hug. What? I asked. I just wanted too hug you! He said. I rolled my eyes. But what can I say? I like hugs. We went downstairs too our lounge looking for something to do, but when we opened the door, an unexpected sight met my eyes. On the couch, Amara and Harvy were sitting. Not just talking either. They were kissing. Me and Charlie accidentally squealed. They looked up and went red. Umm... Hi Leo... Said Amara. Hi Charlie. Do it again!!! Said Charlie. Pleeease?? To our amazement, Harvy leaned over and pecked Amara on the lips. Charlie had the world's largest grin on his face and looked so happy that he might have passed out had mom not called us for supper then.

Charlie's pov
Leo's birthday is finally here and mum was able too pull some strings and get the gift here in time. At his house we talked about music and I asked.about his raps. To my surprise he let me read them. I only read too. The one I had already read, an a new one.
I hope some night you'll be reading off this page
can you here me in the streetlight
Breathing out your name
A dark emotion left me broken
Tied around my head
Tied so tight there's not a feeling left
Maybe I should leave so we could stay here in the peace
I know that it is hard understanding you and me
Our family is broken
Our family is.gone
I'm writing this letter to tell you I can't carry on.
Heart so shattered that I can hardly sleep
The only time I see your face
Is invested in a dream
I try to forget you
Inside I am torn
Although you are heartbroken
I am heartbroken more
To my dad
Oh that's sad. That's really sad. I leaned over and have Leo a hug. What? He asked in a laughing voice. I just want too hug you! I said. I could hear him laughing under his breath. He is an adorable kid. We went on downstairs and into the lounge. What I saw was, just, WOAH! My cousin Amara and my best friend Harvy, were sitting on the side-by-side KISSING. I squealed. So did leo. They looked up looking as if their heads would explode. Do it again!!!! I said excitedly. And too my enormous surprise, Harvy leaned over and pecked Amara on the lips. Almost passing out,.I could feel the grin stretched across my face. That's when ms Devries called us for dinner.
I'm sowwy! It's so short! I'm suffering from writer's block!! 😅
Word count 773😔