2: The Concours

Yui Utsugi's POV

It was the start of a new school term.

As I begin my second year in Seiso Academy as a general education student, I can't help but let out a huge depressing groan of despair.

I hated school.

Because, there were people around me and I hated interaction.

But I constantly kept to myself, so all I did was studying.

And, duh, I managed to top my classes in every subject that I took.

I didn't need music to prove that I would be successful in life, or school in this case.

I've been a very competitive person since young, so I realised studies was the only thing that made me feel good about myself.

I mean, not forgetting that I could sing.

However, that was my side interest that no one actually knew about.

~

It was lunch break.

"Hey, hey have you heard? There's going to be an intra school concours!"

Girl gossips. Happens all the time, doesn't it?

"Ehhh! I heard! Those music education students definitely will be participating in them! I can't wait to see my Yunoki-sama!"

"Yunoki-sama! He's so handsome!"

They were squealing.

Tch.

A vein throbbed in my head and I touched my forehead in annoyance.

Can't they keep their voices down?

I just want to have my lunch in peace.

Sighing, I quickly got up from my table and left the classroom.

I walked up to the rooftop of the school building, which was my favourite place to be at since it meant that I could be alone.

Sigh... Ever since I threw a fuss when I was 12 about the violin, I never made any friends.

I really hated people.

I kept to myself since then because the moment I was kind, people took advantage of my kindness.

But anyway... Seiso Academy's intra school concours, huh. Sounds interesting, but none of my business.

Though, I couldn't help but wonder who will be participating.

Definitely, Yunoki-senpai would be participating.

He plays the flute, and everybody in the school knows of his existence. Even a non-existent low key person — like me.