1: She is Yui Utsugi

Present Time

Len Tsukimori stared at the broken violin which he held in his hands and touched the cracks which formed because of the incident 6 years ago.

It has been 6 years.

6 years since the girl he admired greatly broke down in front of him after their Junior High Concours, and declared how much she hated him.

She threw this precious violin on the floor, right in front of his very own eyes.

He was upset that she gave up just like that.

Because, it was the last time Yui has ever shown her face to him.

And it had been 6 years, since he last saw that girl.

It wasn't just her appearance which attracted Len, rather it was her fighting spirit and mentality which attracted him, in a very pleasant manner.

She has always strived to beat him.

She always wanted to be better.

Len Tsukimori could definitely see her try her best and try her hardest to do well in every single competition that they took part in.

But, it was his fault she gave up on the instrument entirely.

It was his fault for winning all of the trophies which left her nothing, despite how much effort she put in.

It was not that Len didn't put in any effort, rather, it was easy for him because his family was rich and his parents were famous musicians which placed very high expectations on him to do well.

So he was able to constantly practice without breaking much of a sweat, which made winning easy.

Len gazed at the sky and sighed as the passing thoughts of Yui Utsugi went through his mind again.

Will he ever get to see her again?

Yui Utsugi's POV

Len Tsukimori.

I still can remember... that smug look on his face as he won me, again and again in the violin competition when we were just children.

I still can remember... those evil eyes of his stared down coldly at me, as he sought to win every competition out there.

I still can remember... the stinging heart of mine, as I lost yet again another violin competition to him.

Because I constantly lost over the years, I decided to stop playing the violin entirely.

Losing every competition meant that I wouldn't have enough money to support my violin lessons and maintenance of that instrument.

So... I stopped playing.

I lived with my caretaker, because from birth, I was separated from my family.

The reason for my circumstances... is a long story. I haven't met my parents before.

Because I was an illegitimate child.

Regardless, I knew of my passion and ability in music because I was introduced to the violin since young.

But all of that was crushed. By Len Tsukimori.

I hate him.

So, I stopped playing the violin when I was 12, and decided to pursue something that wouldn't require much money.

I chose to pursue singing instead.

As I could hit the high notes, I was trained to be a soprano in choirs, and even mastered the art of opera singing.

Basically, I was good in what I do when it comes to music.

I know, how even in the world did I ever discover my talent?

I wouldn't know, but I suppose it's at least cause I picked up the violin at an early age and had trained hard then.

As for Len Tsukimori, we were good friends ever since we were introduced as children playing the violin.

Somehow, I always knew he was far ahead of me and was in a different world compared to mine.

Tsukimori was always walking ahead of me. I was always watching his back, and living in the shadow of defeat.

I hated being next to him.

There was an inevitable comparison whenever I stood next to him on stage, which frustrates me to no end.

I looked up at the passing clouds above my head and gave a long depressing sigh.

... I never want to see you again, Len Tsukimori.