If it was not for the control she had been perfecting from years, she would not be able to pull out amusement in her eyes.

"A Phoenix, you say. I thought they were wiped out, Milord." Alder looked closely at Madonna as he spoke of her question.

"They are indeed. She is the only one alive." Madonna nodded showing him that he got her slightly interested.

Alder, however, was not foolish. He had his qualms on few issues relating to the young witch and he shall clear them up by the end of the day.

He walked to the corner of the cell camber where Fina was curled into a sleep and kicked her lightly with his foot.

Fina jerked awake with a start and yelped in pain at the sudden attack. Madonna nearly sliced the older Emor into pieces for what he did but she knew she had to control her emotions.

Fina glared at Alder as she paid no heed to Madonna which the latter was grateful of. She hoped Fina could get the hint and avoid her knowledge of her.

"I see you have come to see the person who shall behead you." Fina said softly making Alder laugh out loudly as amusement took over his wrinkled features. Madonna, on the other hand, did not understand Fina's confidence whatsoever.

"You sure got your mother's impudence, little lady." Alder laughed out as he turned back to Madonna gesturing her to continue with his request.

Madonna wordlessly pulled a memory spell on herself like Alder wished. However, she did pull out a trick of her own to save all the memories.

Alder was either a fool or overly confident to trust a simple spell. Being a Thorne, Madonna was gifted with several special streams of magic that could easily overpower other without giving the onlookers a hint.

Alder saw Madonna wave her delicate hands in a manner he knew of and produced a green wave of fog. Once he affirmed that Madonna was under a spell, his smile turned into a smirk as he crooked his head back to Fina.

The Crow Queen flew into the cell camber and stood beside Madonna which stunned her. She did not expect a fourth person to be present but looking at Alder, he sure was making a safety shield for himself.

"You certainly have many of your mother's skills, little lady. Your impudence, the fire in your eyes, your delusion included, you are so much like your mother." Alder snickered making Madonna grit her teeth.

The Queen beside her just smiled slyly at Fina and Alder as she kept a check on Madonna.

"You are asking for your death." Fina warned when she heard her mother's reference from the evil man. Oh, how she would love to kill him slowly and painfully if she could.

Fina wished she had at least a small of her sister's powers so she could punish the man standing before her.

"You think you can even hurt me? You don't know what happened to your mother and your kin, do you?" Alder laughed out as he snapped his fingers allowing the previously placed spell by Madonna into action.

"Let me tell you a tale, little one. There was once a very prominent and powerful family of sorcerers and they were called Thorne." Alder started as he dragged the Thorne family as he glanced back at Madonna to see her looking just interested like an audience.

Alder could not find remorse, anger or hatred on Madonna's face. All he could see was interest.

"Thorne family was extended kin with royals and was known to be one of the powerful families with greatest warlocks and Witches. They were a small group of Father, Mother and a son but only with just three in the family they were still powerful than several together. Considering their stand in the society, one day, I approached them politely with a small favor." Alder narrated in a singing manner putting all his amusement in the tale.

Fina looked clearly troubled at what she was to seeing and hearing, while Madonna was hair away from attacking the old man. Madonna bit her inner cheek to take control on her rising anger and her face did not show her inner turmoil.

"I had always desired to be someone to whom everyone bowed to. In lieu of that, I went to the Thorne family and asked for their assistance in fulfilling the small motive of mine. But Thornes were very proud of their morals and rules in Magic wielders tribe. Even after approaching them several times, they still did not help me. Thornes and the Phoenix clan were constantly in my path of achieving my motive so I eliminated the Phoenix clan first as I was much more powerful than them." Alder spoke pompously as though he was proud of his actions.

"Sounds exuberating." Madonna remarked playfully but the fire inside her is another issue only she knew of.

"Indeed it was, dear. Good old days, I had such fun in eliminating the obstacles from my path. But sadly, only after wiping out the Phoenix clan was when I came to know of the power their blood carried. I regretted killed each of them without a second thought but luckily I was fortunate to know of a low ranked Phoenix warrior alive somewhere but heard that he was close to death. Do you know what I did then?" Fina's eyes were already moist but Alder did not stop there.

"I know that the last living Phoenix, even with enough medication and healing he shall not live longer than few handful years, so I had to do something that no one could think of."

Madonna gulped down the misery that was plaguing her as she swallowed back the tears that were forming in her eyes.

No she cannot hear it. She cannot see those visuals of what her kin, especially her mother had to go through.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think of the chapter?

Finally the secret behind Fina's birth is being revealed. Your views?

Why do you think Alder foolishly took Madonna there when he was showing his evil side?

Wasn't he determined to show only his weak and good pretense to Lucius, Madonna and Orla?

How come Alder is not afraid of Madonna?

Do you think Alder has something hidden that could protect him?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim