💔Hotel Room - Randy

Start from the beginning

The comfortable silence was ruined by his ringtone. He pulled back to check the caller ID, awkwardly smiling at me as he answered the call.

"Hi baby."

Honor.

"I'll be on the roof." I mumbled, grabbing the pack of cigarettes from my bag before heading up. The fact that I didn't want to disturb his privacy wasn't the only reason I'd left, having always found it hard to listen to the two of them talk. He loved her and I hadn't gotten over it just yet.

I sat down on the edge of the roof, legs dangling off the side as I relaxed under the warmth of the sunset. He joined me as I lit a cigarette, taking a drag as he got comfortable.

"I'm sorry." He spoke.

"What for?"

"For ruining your dream."

I shrugged. "You didn't want to do it anymore. I have to accept that. Don't worry, I haven't given up just yet."

It went quiet after that. Things had never felt awkward between us, and this was no exception. There was just some kind of tension between the two of us and I didn't like it.

"Whoever thought this was how it'd end?" He sighed leaning back on his elbows. I took another drag, slowly releasing the smoke as I thought about what to say next.

"Remember that time at the park outside Blairs flat?" I queried. He looked at me, an unrecognisable emotion in his eyes amongst the fear and nostalgia.

"You told me you'd never leave me. No matter what happened in life, you promised you would be by my side."

"Don't remind me of past mistakes."

"You think it was a mistake?" There was no hurt in my voice. It lacked emotion completely. I knew full well that he had meant what he said at the time. But none of us could predict the future. Promises were made to be broken.

"No."

I could feel his eyes on me, burning holes through the side of my head. I kept looking forward though, the sun almost gone. No matter what had happened between us, I knew I'd never get tired of being around him. His presence made me feel calm and relaxed, something I needed after weeks of stress and anxiety.

"You told me you loved me." He pointed out.

"I did."

"I never said it back, did I?"

I didn't reply, knowing full well we both knew what happened that night. I wasn't mad at him for not saying it back, just a bit hurt.

"You know I do, right?"

"Yeah."

"More than anything."

"I know Rye."

I glanced to the side, blue meeting brown as I tried to read his mind. I didn't know how he felt in that moment and I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

"What happened to us?" He frowned.

I sighed. "Life happened. We weren't meant to last and there's nothing we can do about it."

He rested his head on my shoulder. "I wish things could've been different. I wish we could turn back time and try again."

"Me too." I whispered, a single tear falling down my cheek. I had never let Rye get to me like that, but I couldn't deny that my heart was broken beyond repair because of him.

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to stay the night." He muttered. I closed my eyes, letting out a deep breath of relief mixed with disappointment.

"I guess not. You can leave if you want."

He lifted his head, placing one hand on my cheek and pulling me into a slow kiss. I knew it didn't mean anything. It was a goodbye kiss. But I still savoured the moment. Savoured the taste of him. I couldn't stop the tears as they fell, wanting nothing more than to hold him tight and never let go. But he pulled away, running a hand through my hair as he stood up.

"Goodbye Andy." He whispered, his voice breaking. I turned to watch him leave, a part of me dying as I said my last goodbye to the boy I was undeniably in love with.

a/n
hey guys. not much to say about this one but i hope you enjoyed. listen to the song if you haven't already, then get a calum scott addiction like me.

bye guys Xx