Chapter 136: The Reawakening (EP. 03)

Beginne am Anfang

Aiden quickly unsheathed the blade, before stepping out to the wilderness. Elsa peered over him in interest, watching closely how intently each of his foot take a step closer to the noise coming from the wild berry bushes.

With strained attention, Aiden raised his handy weapon higher to produce a more critical strike, his teeth gritting severely as the noise began to grow louder.

He effortlessly ducked as an equally sharp sword swung in the air where his head used to be.

Elsa's eyes widened in horror before departing away from the cozy cabin, only to be halted by her husband himself.

"No! Stay right where you are!"

Kangree growled as he intensely stared at his opponent through the confines of his wolf mask, before slashing his sword once again only to fail from striking his target's neck.

In the midst of their sole battle, Aiden caught a glimpse of a red iris turning into a bright shade of gold.

Their crossed swords' friction caused a noisy clang to echo throughout the tree-less empty space.

"P-please..." Kangree gasped as he struggled to keep up with Aiden's strength, "I do not want this to happen..."

Is this man insane or something?

The masked runaway prince's knuckles began to grow pale as it trembled and shook, unable to withstand the incredible and unrivalled force the fire king defended himself with.

He may look young, Aiden darkly thought as a bead of sweat formed on the side of his forehead, but he can put up quite a fight.

Aiden grunted before withdrawing his sword and striking his enemy's blade rather too hardly to the point he knocked it out of the masked man's grasp.

Aiden effortlessly picked him up without a haste, before groaning out a roar of pain as the fist of iron hooked his lone vital spot: the scar Abaddon had long given him.

"AIDEN!"

A warning glance from the fire wielder only made Elsa restrain herself from going out further.

Blood dripped continuously down Aiden's lips before more amounts of it sputtered on the ground, but the king couldn't care as he quickly avenged himself with a headlock— which helped him successfully knock him out with his sword's stone hard grip on the masked stranger's skull.

While Kangree lost his consciousness, Aiden quickly swung the fifteen year old's limp body over his shoulder before picking up his fallen sword.

"W-we can't lose him just yet," He exasperatedly rasped as he leaned against the doorway, "Tie him up."

His wife could only nod repeatedly as she struggled to lift the heavy weight the masked prince to the chair. Aiden quickly snatched the rope from his backpack before weakly passing it to his wife.

After finishing what she was tasked to do, she rushed up to her brown satchel and took out a large ball of cotton and dipped it in water from the  faucet in the kitchen.

She gladly assisted him to the couch, pressing up against his side as she cleaned up the red liquid which glided down his chin.

"You really have to stop doing those little risky tricks of yours," Elsa scolded as she wiped another drop of blood, "And to think, it was your weak point he managed to injure."

"Don't worry about me," He sluggishly raised up his shirt to give her access to heal the bruise with her ice, "It's just a scratch."

"My poor baby is hurt," Elsa lightly slapped his cheek as she shot the tied up man a scornful gaze, "You think I'll be fine with that?"

Aiden couldn't help but subdued a laugh, his wife being concerned about him leaves him awfully cutened by that adorable frown and soft skinned cheeks.

"Here," She cupped his face before planting a kiss below his ear, "Would that make you feel better?"

"A lot much better."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A/N:

Funfacts for today:

I was originally going to stick with the canon ending where Elsa stepped down from the throne to guard the Enchanted Forest. Aiden wasn't supposed to be a prince, I was supposed to make him a hunter and a spy working under a greedy king of a kingdom who wants to take over the forest.

It would've made Elsa and Aiden's romance a bit more challenging to execute, so, I figured out a way to change lots of things. Well, technically I didn't leave out a single thing unchanged. It all turned out better.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!