Nick(24)

"What the fuck!!!" I yelled angrily and he flinched at the sound of my voice. I grabbed his face gently in my hands pulling him toward me. He had a busted lip and it looks like someone had given him a black eye.

"Some thugs had jumped him the other day when I was on my way to pick him up and he's been scared to go back home ever since," Josh said as he came in sitting the book sack down. How could he have let this happen?!!! This is exactly why Brandon carries that gun around.

"I-I'm fine now. I was going to call you back once I healed up. I just didn't want you to worry." He smiled as he limped over to the couch and I rushed by his side.

"Well did you kick their asses!? I mean they just beat the shit out of your boyfriend and he's limping for christ sake!!!! We gotta do something? Brandon how many ? Did you get a good look at their faces? Where-"

"Nick are you going to just leave your boyfriend in the car?" Josh nodded his head towards the window where we could see Liam getting out of the car.

"Boyfriend?" Brandon said sadly.

"No, we're just friends...and no I thought he'd just leave."

"Well there's no reason we all can't sit here and discuss things, I'll get you guys something to drink," Josh sighed as he opened the door inviting Liam in and heading towards the kitchen.

"Hey, Liam" he smiled extending his hand to Brandon.

"Brandon," he smiled. But it wasn't his usual cheeky smile he'd normally do. I also noticed the marks on his wrist. Did they tie him up? What the hell was going on here?

"How did you and Nick meet?" Brandon asked.

"The community lgbtq group. We were just hanging out after the meeting today when he asked to come by. He was really worried about you." Liam sat on the other side of him and started to explain to him what the focus of the community group was. I noticed that there was some tiny shards of broken glass on the floor by the stair case. Something didn't feel right.

"B, so how many guy's did you say their were?"

"It was about 3 or 4 of em?" Josh came back with some cokes for all of us and a ice pack for Brandon.

"They must've been pretty strong to rough up a big guy like yourself?" Liam questioned eyeing me. He noticed it too, Joshua had his arm wrapped up but you could still see the blood seeping through the bandage and he had a few scratches on his face.

"Oh this? Yeah I only caught the tail end of the fight. If I hadn't come when I did they could've killed him." He shook his head and I could feel Brandon tense up.

"I thought you showed up after? What street did it happen on B?"

"Are you okay?" Liam grabbed Brandon hands in his. He was on the verge of tears, I could tell.

"Guy's the whole thing was pretty tramatic for the both of us...especially Brandon. Babe? You want to lie down?" he reached for Brandon.

"No we need to go to the police!!! This is serious guys's..."

"I-I'm tired," Brandon said weakly.

"Yeah let's just let them rest. It was nice meeting you Brandon, Nick always talks about you in group discussion and I hope you two feel better. Here's a card, you guy's should stop by we have meetings every Friday." Liam hopped up putting dragging me along with him.

"We cant leave!!! Someth-"

"Nick!!! We have to get going, I still have to pick up my some stuff for the party!!!" he dragged me out the door.

"Call me and keep me posted!!!" I yelled before getting in the truck.

Liam pulled out of the yard speeding down the street.

"What the fuck? Clearly something was up and what party?"

"Your friend is in danger. He's scared shitless of that guy and if you would've kept asking those questions it might have just made matters worst."

"Turn the car around,"I said calmly.

"We need to call the police, that guy is way too big for us to handle....and we don't know what's going on for sure...

"TURN THE GODDAM CAR AROUND!!!" I yelled trying to grab the wheel as I felt him slam on the breaks.

"You need to calm down Nicholas!!! Your friend needs you and going in head first isn't the right approach. We're going to call the police and give them an anonymous tip. We don't really know what's going on. How well do you know the guy your friend is dating? we need to build some kind of case to get them to look into it seriously....." Liam said thoughtfully. 

"I never knew him to be violent, but I-i'm worried about Brandon..."