"Fuck, I'm so gonna cry," Out at the corner, Raye heard Mia say and she laughs, finding it funny, which also made everyone laugh.

"You're allowed to do that," Raye responded but placed her focus back onto Brienna who was crying now. Her soft tears ran down her face and she brushed them away a few times.
Gripping her hand, Raye used her thumb to softly brush against her skin, and it made the girl hum quietly.

"Baby," Raye continued, squeezing the girl's hand, watching as her eyes lit up from the joy.

"There will never be another person in this world who would love me the way you do and I've always known that. No one and I mean no one would ever think about sticking by me the way you have with all the adversities in the way.
There will never be another woman who would be able to capture me the way you did and I mean that. I don't know what magic wand you've woven or what spell you've placed me under but I love it and I would never want the feelings you've given me to dissipate.

I know you've said yes before back at the hospital but this time I'm doing it right, this time I'm kneeling and all and I'm doing it with a ring.
So, would you be interested in being mine forever, mine to love eternally, mine to spoil, mine to cherish?" Raye questioned and Brie chuckles, wasting no time to nod frantically.

"Yes." She whispers, wiping her tears with her free hand. "Yes, to all of those things."

Immediately, cheers erupted within the room as Raye carefully slipped the ring onto Brie's finger. There were loud whistling and joyful laughter coming from everyone. Brienna's parent's exchanged proud glances between each other. They were both happy for the girls, happy that their baby had found the one despite the bad they had faced.
They watched as their daughter assisted her fiancè back up again only to engulf her lips in a kiss. They saw the way Brie's friends circled around them, gasping and shouting praises at both girls and over the ring once they'd gotten a chance to see it.

That moment meant everything to Raye and Brie as they gawked at each other, unable to contain their grins. Brie's smile, the girl noted was exactly like the Cheshire cat. Her face lit up so beautifully, even her eyes smiled and a picture of that perfect moment would've been good to keep Raye thought.

"I knew this the whole time," Cassie said among her sister's friends and the two girls started to playfully attack her for not sharing it with them.
Raye eventually pulled away to mingle with her uncle and cousins. Both Elia and Gabriele grinned when she approached.

"You just made Brie the happiest woman alive," the eldest, Gabriele said and Raye chuckled.

"This means more liquor and honestly, I don't mine," Elia says, grinning so sheepishly and in his eyes, they could see that he was slightly tipsy.

"It calls for an even bigger celebration," her uncle interjects and had hugged his arm around her neck.

"I'm so proud of you doll," he eases quietly and she grinned. The man was the closest thing she had to a parent and it made her heart thump with elation that he was happy for her.

"The guys will go nuts when they find out a wedding is in the making,"

Raye had given it much thought and she knew it was going to be a hectic day when it came. She didn't know how Brie was going to be able to handle it but she'd basically asked for it when she said yes. Her family and the many other's within the mafia who would've respected their decisions were going to go all out.

Making eye contact with Craig, Raye excused herself to make it over to the man. When she neared he did the unthinkable and pulled her in for a hug, which she succumbs too.

"Make my baby sister happy or else,"

She chuckled but pulled away to arch a brow. "Was that a threat?"

"Not really. But I'm serious, make her happy, she really loves you."

"I plan too," Raye smirks.

While they interacted, Bran decided to invite himself over and had thrown a massive arm over the girl's shoulder. He was huge, the tallest man in the room and heavily built.

"Seems like another addition to the family and honestly I can't wait to annoy you too." He states to Raye and she eyed him up and down.

"Nah, she ain't the one to mess around with," his older brother retorts and all three individuals chuckled.
Raye felt more than welcomed. She never expected at first that she'd be accepted by another family but she was. She had in-laws who loved her to death and likewise. If that wasn't something beautiful and worth celebrating she doesn't know what is.

After spending time talking to Brienna's brothers, Raye decided to go over to Chris, who stretched a hand out for a shake and she took it. She was usually very formal with her and she was used to it.

"Can't say I saw that one coming," he confides, carefully shaking Raye's hand.

"I'm glad no one did."

"Though, only a few weeks ago we were all kinda talking about this,"

"Really?"

"Yeah," he nods. "I always felt like you and Brienna would be the first among us to get married."

"And I have a feeling you and Trisha won't be far behind,"

"Don't let her hear that," he replied looking around playfully and Raye laughed.
"Congratulations by the way,"

"Thank you," she smiled.

Everyone's wishes made her felt so good inside. After what she went through, this day made everything seem like a blur and so insignificant. She was happy and she wanted to be happy forever with Brienna and she was willing to do anything to make it a reality.

"I know I promised not to get drunk, but fuck, this calls for some more hard liquor and possibly me passed out on the floor," Mia said among her friends, observing as they all collectively laughed.

"Go for it, " Brienna replied and out the corner of her eye she could see her mother hugging her fiance and it made her smile. It made her feel so tingly inside to see everyone in such good spirits. She could live like that for the rest of her life she thought. She could live with all those wonderful people and oh Raye. She didn't know what she did to deserve such a woman but she was thankful for having her in her life.

Brienna had tried to imagine a different version of her life where she hadn't met the girl and she really couldn't think of it. The way Rachel had impacted her life was beyond words.

The afternoon had progressed rather enjoyably, turning itself into the night. Their family and friends continued to mingle with one another. Raye found herself latching onto Brie, hugging her tightly as they sat on the couch observing everyone.
The love she felt for the girl was bubbling, soaring so high and she couldn't wait for them to get alone so she could make sweet love to her baby until the sun came up. It was long overdue.

Kissing Brienna's lips, she hummed against her for a bit, causing her smile to fade, replaced by a scorching lust.
"I love you," Raye whispered, and immediately Brienna replied.

"I love you too," she said in a soft voice, cupping Raye's cheeks.

A/n

Ain't gon lie, my eyes leaked a bit when I wrote this chapter.