Two.

Jennie and Lisa haven't spoken with each other for two months. Jennie would try to check in with the younger girl, but received nothing back, and only heard from their mutual friends.

"Jen, we all know you loved her more than Kai, but you still let her go. She's trying to move on." Rosé was tired of Jennie's moping. In fact, she was a bit angry that Jennie could break Lisa's heart so easily. "Just let her."

"Did she say anything? Is she seeing someone already?" Jennie questioned as she played with her food, avoiding the sudden clench of her heart.

"As much as I know it hurts, Chaeng is right. You asked her to let you go. She loved you and she's just making your wish come true. She'll come around eventually." Jisoo intervened.

"Why does it hurt so much?" Jennie sighed at the thought of Lisa really moving on. This is what she wanted right?

"Because you acted like she wasn't the world to you, when she was the actual universe."

2 more months later.

"Jennie, I just wanted to let you know that Lisa's going to be at Chaeng's birthday party." Jisoo revealed to her younger friend.

"I was hoping. Do you think she'll finally talk to me? Maybe give me another chance at being her best friend?" This was Jennie's chance to see the girl she denied loving.

"Jennie, promise me you won't do anything stupid." Jisoo still couldn't believe how dense the younger girl was.

"I won't! Kai won't even be there. It'll be a good chance to speak with her alone and..."

"Jennie, it's Rosé's birthday and she doesn't want any drama. You can't give Lisa hope if you're still going to choose him." Jisoo ended the conversation hoping Jennie got the picture.

At Rosé's party:

As soon as Jennie and Jisoo arrived, Jennie spotted Lisa speaking to Rosé and immediately made her way over to the younger girls. "Hi! Happy Birthday hubby." Jennie hugged Rosé while Lisa looked on. This would be the first time in months they've been in such a close proximity.

"Lisa, I missed you." Jennie engulfed the taller girl in a hug, almost crying. Lisa stood there frozen.

"Jen, stop. Let her go so I can hug our little maknae." Jennie heard Jisoo say behind her trying to break the awkward tension.

"I, um. I'm gonna go find Somi..." Lisa stuttered before sauntering off away from the trio.

"Who's Somi?" Jennie asked watching Lisa's figure disappear into the crowd.

"She's a new friend of Lisa's." Rosé explained.

Jennie was about 5 shots in. The more she drank, the more jealousy ran through her blood as she watched Lisa and Somi dance and whisper to each other in the darkness. Each time she wanted to get up and separate the two, Jisoo held her back.

"Unnie? How much has she had to drink? Maybe she needs to head home?" Rosé walked over noticing Jisoo's grip on Jennie's arm.

"I just want to talk to her, Rosie. Jisoo unnie is being a meanie." Jennie turned to Rosé.

"And you're being a brat." Jennie heard Jisoo say as she tried looking back to the spot Lisa was at before Rosé interrupted, only to find nothing.

"Hi unnies!" Somi appeared out of nowhere. "I had so much fun tonight. Thank you for inviting me Rosé. Lisa and I are going to head out in a bit.."

"Where is Lisa?" Jennie ignored Somi's last statement.

"She went to the restroom real quick." Somi answered, before sticking out her hand to Jennie to introduce herself. "I'm Somi, by the way."

"I'm gonna go to the restroom." Jennie ran off before Jisoo could catch her.

By the time Jennie reached the bathroom, Lisa was washing her hands by the sink. As soon as the door opened, the two made eye contact through the mirror.

"Is anyone else in here?" Jennie shouted to no one in particular and locked the door after silence.

"Jennie, what are you doing?" Lisa tried to step past the older girl. "Lili...I miss you." Jennie reached for her former lover and best friend before getting rejected by a tiny shove.

Silence.

"You promised you'd try to go back to being best friends with me. It's been 4 months Lili. Please just come back to me." Jennie tried to close the distance between them again.

"Jennie, please just give me time." Lisa pleaded.

"Time to forget about me completely? No way. You're not giving me any chances to talk to you, to see you. Why can't you just forget about what we had?" Jennie blabbered on, too drunk to gather her thoughts.

Lisa wanted to forget, but it's not easy to forget the love of your life in 4 months. Lisa was being selfless letting her go and here Jennie was being selfish. "Jennie, I have to go. Somi is wait—" Lisa still tried to maneuver her way around Jennie.

"Is she your new fuck buddy?" Jennie saw green after Lisa mentioned her name. She remembered how she watched the two of them the whole night - dancing, laughing, and flirting.

Lisa grew angry at Jennie's sudden outburst.  She knew Jennie would be there tonight. She knew she couldn't avoid her forever. But she still wasn't ready and she didn't understand why Jennie was being this way. "It isn't your business if she is. You still have Kai, don't you?"

Instead of letting Jennie get in another word, she rushed  past her unlocking the door, walking out on the girl she loved, a scene that seemed vaguely familiar to both of them.

Author's note:

Oops, more angst. Sorry if this was all over the place. I tried!

Act Like You Love MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara