Twenty Six.

"Jennie Ruby Jane," Mr. Kim said coldly over the phone.

"Yes, dad?" Jennie rolled her eyes knowing she was going to get a lecture after purposely missing her father's calls over the last two days.

"You know I hate when my time is wasted and you've been ignoring my calls. I expect you to be at our home tonight for dinner. Don't test me." Mr. Kim stated before handing up the call.

"Everything okay?" Lisa asked, concerned by the look of distress on Jennie's face.

"Oh you know...the usual overbearing father," Jennie started opening the lunch she prepared for the two, while Lisa was on break at the dance studio.

"Oh...yeah. Have you spoken to him since you confessed?" Lisa asked, internally afraid to know the answer.

"No, he's been calling a lot though. My mom let me know he is upset with her and me for keeping all of this from him. I don't really want to have dinner tonight, but I know I have to face him sooner or later," Jennie was scared that her dad would do something drastic.

"Do you want me to go with you? For support? Or will that make it worse?" Lisa offered.

"I gotta face him myself, but I appreciate the offer," Jennie gave Lisa her warmest smile before continuing. "But Lili, I want you to know that I'm going to fight for us this time."

Lisa smiled back at Jennie, trusting her words.

"Hey Lisa!" Someone yelled catching both girls' attention.

"Hey Kookie," Lisa responded.

"Hi I'm Jungkook," Jungkook extended his hand to Jennie introducing himself.

"I'm Jennie," The older girl responded.

Jungkook then turned back to Lisa, "Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if you wanted to have some drinks later?"

Not another one, Jennie thought. Jennie eyed the younger girl, curious to know her response.

"Maybe another time, Kookie. Sorry," Lisa let him down gently.

"Okay, not a problem. Let me know when you're free then," Jungkook said a little disappointed. "It was nice meeting you."

When Jungkook was a safe distance away, Jennie broke the silence. "I just can't get a break, huh?"

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked innocently.

"He is clearly interested."

"Interested in dance? Yeah, he is here a lot. He's looking to teach a class eventually," Lisa pretended to not know what Jennie was referring to.

"Hi babe and Jennie," the two were interrupted again, this time by Irene.

"Hi Unnie," Lisa said intending to keep the peace.

"You know, unnie, I'd really appreciate it if you stopped flirting with Lisa. It's really inappropriate in the work place...and in front of me," Jennie emphasized the last part

"Well, last time I checked Lisa was still single," Irene responded sarcastically.

"Why are you so annoying unnie?"

"Jennie..."

"Are you her girlfriend, Jennie? Is it official yet? Because if not, you're acting a bit p..."

"Irene, unnie. I know you're just trying to push Jennie's buttons, but let's tone it down. Jennie isn't my girlfriend..." Lisa started and noticed the frown on Jennie's face appear. "..yet. But we're exclusively dating right now and I want you to respect our relationship. Is that okay?"

Irene sighed. "Of course, Lisa. You know I always enjoy teasing this little kitten, but I will respect whatever you have going on." Irene then turned to Jennie, "But if you mess it up again, you know someone else will not hesitate to take care of Lisa."

"I know unnie. I give you permission to keep reminding me of that."

"Good."

"Great."

———
Author's Note: Next chapter is dinner at the Kim household. What's gonna happen? IDK, I don't have anything planned lol