✧ special

"How can anyone say no to those big blue eyes of yours?"
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Naruto was on a mission. Walking down the streets, narrowly avoiding the people that gave him pointed stares as his blue eyes scanned over everyone for one particular person. Naruto was looking for a silver-haired male, who in particularly looked like an old man. The blond boy figured it would be easy to find the male because he seemed to never be busy and was always somewhere around that led to his mother and him meeting. The boy was starting to think that the old man was stalking his mother, he would question the male next time he saw him.

"I'm sorry!" Naruto blurted out hurriedly once his butt hit the ground. Ignoring the pain as he instinctively started to curl into himself, waiting for the scolding or beating he would receive from the person he ran into. This time his mother wouldn't be here to stop the other people from hurting him. The thought made him whimper slightly.

"It's fine kid," A familiar voice made him open up his eyes and look up. Brightening significantly at the silver-haired male he was looking for. "You should be keeping an eye out when you walk so you don't bump into anyone." Kakashi lightly scolded, noting that (y/n) wasn't by her wards side. Which was quite uncommon these days.

"My mom isn't here. If that's why you're looking around." Naruto informed with a cheeky grin. Watching fascinated at the red peeking out from the male's mask. "I asked you last time if you liked my mom but you never answered me. You just turned red like right now." Naruto laughed.

The young boy getting off the ground and dusting off any dirt from his new clothing. Before noting that the male was walking away from him. His eyes widening as he started to catch up to him. "Hey, I needed to ask you something." Naruto grabbed the male's hand. Planting his feet firmly into the ground in order to stop Kakashi from moving any further.

Kakashi only closing his eyes in faint annoyance but deciding to indulge the young boy for awhile. It was the least he could do for the boy. "What did you want to ask, Naruto?" His question was only meet with silence. Curiously looking down at the now shy boy whose gaze was flickering from meeting his eye towards the ground.

Kakashi inwardly sighed, it was a wonder how at times Naruto never seemed to stop talking to suddenly clamming up. "Naruto you can ask me anything and I won't judge you." Well, at least I won't speak it out loud.

"Okay, old man!" Naruto exclaimed with a toothy grin. "So, I think you know my mom more than I do and I want to do something special for her so I decided to ask you for some help."

Kakashi blankly stared down at the young boy, who was looking up at him expectedly. He had no clue in the world to why Naruto thought he knew (y/n) personally or why the boy would assume he would do something for her. He barely knew her and just knew her by association.

"I hardly know (y/n), Naruto."

Kakashi only watched at how the boys excited expression turned to confusion. His eyebrows furrowing at the words as his head tilted to the side. "But you always talk to my mom like you know her."

"That's just smalltalk."

Naruto only nodded his head still confused but decided to not let that small mistake deter his mission. "Okay, well I could still use your help."

Kakashi decided to let out a small groan at that. His annoyance now slipping through this voice. "Naruto, I don't want to help (y/n). Can't you find someone else to help you?"

Naruto only frowned at the silver-haired male. Annoyed at how the male was now acting despite him being kinda nice to him earlier. "Well, I would ask Genma or Kurenai but I can't find them and you were easier to find cause you always seem not busy."