18 ✧ caregiver

"Naruto meet my friends. Yes, I have friends."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(Y/n) in this very moment felt like she had never done this amount of shopping in her life, which was probably true. She never knew how hard it was to buy clothes for a four and half year old boy. Who surprisingly turned out be quite picky when it came to his outfit choices. The female quickly noted that the young boy preferred to have clothing that matched his personality; bright and loud. Hues of yellows and oranges, were the colors that seemed to gather his attention.

(Y/n) had no say in the matter, rather giving him advice on which colors went better off with him. Not really caring that she was about to have a kid that was brighter than the sun itself. As well as bring more attention to the makeshift family, which honestly (y/n) didn't care at this point. She was proudly going to show off Naruto, despite the ignorant looks that they were constantly being given.

"I think I'm done." Naruto huffed proudly, a small handful of clothes bunched up in his arms. (Y/n) eyed the clothing, knowing that they were going to get wrinkled but decided to not bother the small boy with her opinion. He looked so proud of himself.

Besides it didn't really matter as her hands were currently full as well. Silently hoping that they wouldn't have to come shopping anytime soon in the near future. She wasn't so sure she could take anymore of this.

"I think we did well today Naruto. You're going to look cute from now on." (Y/n) smiled, watching at how the boy turned red with embarrassment.

Naruto rapidly shook his head, "I'm not cute! I'm a boy, I have to be handsome." A rather adorable pout on his face as he looked up at (y/n). Waiting for the women to apologize to him for calling him cute. That was the last thing he would even be called.

(Y/n) purses her lips, giving a nod of agreement. "You're right Naruto. Please accept my apology." Trying her best not to chuckle at how the boy seemed to think over her words. Eyeing her seriously before nodding his head. A small huff coming out of his mouth, like if this were troublesome for him.

"Let's go pay now Naruto." The female nudged the boy with her hip, the boy responding to the action as his little feet walked besides her. A big smile playing on his lips, eyes glistening with enthusiasm as he talked to (y/n) about random things, the female nodding along showing that she was paying attention as she too let out her inputs about the varying topics spoken.

"Naruto I can carry those if you want?" (Y/n) worriedly questioned, the young boy seemingly struggling to hold the bags that held his personal items. The only reason she was concerned was because the boy's arms seemed to trembled with exhaustion at the weight of the bags.

Naruto only shook his head, "I got this, it's okay." The blond boy looked up to the concerned female flashing her a toothy grin. (Y/n) could only stay silent, her fingers tightening their grip on the bags that she was carrying as well.

"Are we done today?" Naruto questioned, feeling a sense of tiredness running through his body. A sensation that he hasn't felt since being around his adoptive mother. The bags in his hands making them ache slightly and his arms hurt from the weight but he didn't want to seem like a burden towards her.

He never wanted to be a burden towards (y/n). He knew that she wouldn't mind but a nasty little voice in the back of his head was confident enough to remind him that there could always be a chance that she would soon tire of him. The thought itself putting a small frown on his face, his pace slowing down before shaking his head to push away the negative thoughts.

That was completely ridiculous, (y/n) had said it herself that she cared deeply for him. There was no way that she would just get rid of him because she got bored of him. With an extra pep in his step, Naruto bounded towards (y/n). His mouth running once more to keep the female entertained and the start of the new conversation soon left him forgetting his own fatigue.

"(Y/n) don't look behind you but I think you're being followed." The teasing remark made (y/n) falter in her steps. Looking to her side to see Genma, the one who had spoken, with a small amused grin on his face.

"(Y/n) I feel like I haven't seen you in forever but seeing now it looks like you've been busy." A dark-haired female walked up to her. Kurenai extended her arms out to bring the girl towards her body and give her a hug.

(Y/n) awkwardly trying her best to return the gesture, even though her hands were occupied by the bags she was holding. "I guess I've been a bad friend lately." She apologized, actually feeling guilty that she hasn't bothered to talk to her fellow friends. Ones that she's known since she was young.

(Y/n) let out a quiet sigh of relief when Kurenai released her, only to look down to see Naruto shyly hiding himself behind her leg. The boy's hands lightly holding onto her leg while he made quick peeks to look at the strangers. The (h/c)-haired female realizing that Naruto hasn't had the best interactions with people.

"Ah this is Naruto, I'm going to be taking care of him from now on." (Y/n) introduced the small boy to her friends. The finally shaking off his shyness as he stepped away from the back of her leg and made himself known.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki." Naruto confidently said, giving the two strangers a bright smile before placing himself closely besides (y/n) in fear that he would be scolded by them for talking to them. The boy watched them blink silently, a familiar feeling of anxiousness rising in him. The silence making him want to run and hide.

The feeling washing away at the comforting hand (y/n) placed on his head. Fingers running through his messy hair, the boy tilting his head up to blink up at her. In his thoughts he didn't notice that she had put the bags down in front of her to comfort the noticeably distressed boy.

The boy then scrunched up his face in confusion at the quiet squealing that escaped the other females mouth. Followed by an eye rolling gesture from the male but a smile still on his face. The male's eyes twinkling like if he knew something was going to happen.

"He's so cute (y/n)! Look how he clings to you it's absolutely adorable." The compliment made Naruto's face flush pink, not liking how she called him cute. The boy quickly glaring at the female with his bright, blue eyes.

With a scowl on his face he spoke, "I'm not cute I'm handsome." His little arms dropping the bags before crossing them over his chest. "Tell her mom!" Naruto whined, dropping his arms only to stand in front of (y/n) and tug the bottom of her shirt. Huffing annoyed at how the cooing noises only increased.

"Are these your friends? Cause they're annoying." Naruto pouted, digging his face into (y/n)'s thigh to keep the others from looking at him. What he didn't see wasn't there.

"Naruto, you can't say that to people." (Y/n) chided, giving her friends an apologetic smile. Though the two didn't seem to be bothered by the accusation, rather amused by the boy.

"I guess I embarrassed him a little too much." Kurenai spoke, the boy still clinging tightly to her friend.

"A little," Genma snorted. "You ruined the boy's pride by calling him cute. He's a man Kurenai." The male watched at how Naruto seemed to visibly perk up by his words, finally deciding to pull away from (y/n). A satisfied grin on his chubby face.

"I like him. He's cooler than that old guy Kakashi." Naruto bluntly spoke, looking straight at Genma. The boy not noticing at how the others eyes widened at the mention of their fellow shinobi, (y/n) included.

"Kakashi, huh." Genma slyly looked at her. Arching up an eyebrow.

"(Y/n) we should all head back to your apartment. It seems you have been busy." Kurenai grinned, (y/n) sighing as she accepted what was going to happen next. Or rather the talk they were about to have about her personal life.