Chapter 6

Yoonbum stood at the counter and glanced at his reflection in the sharp knife. A simple inky bowl cut, tiny panda eyes, and crisp white bandages hugging his lack of a jawline. He slightly wiggled his ears, noticing how huge they were in comparison to his feminine face. Sangwoo was right, they did resemble that inflatable monkey from the theme park, the one that was hanging by the neck, dust-covered, far away enough from the eyes of children to ever be won. Not that Sangwoo was ever wrong, even if he was teasing. Or maybe Sangwoo wasn't just teasing, and his ears really were too big. Not that there was anything Yoonbum could do about it, so he simply just sighed and cut the strawberries that were on the cutting board and dumped it into the plastic bowl next to him.

"Took you long enough." Sangwoo pointed out, strolling into the kitchen and coming up right behind him. His Muscular body pressed right up against Yoonbum's spindly spine, sending a shiver down it. Not one out of fear, he had long since stopped fearing Sangwoo in the kitchen. Now, he craved Sangwoo's presence. He just wanted to know he was doing a good job. And the last time he had done a good job, Sangwoo had grabbed an uncooked strand of spaghetti with his mouth and placed the other end between Yoonbum's lips. Needless to stay, before the water had boiled in the pot, the spaghetti was gone. As was Yoonbum's turtleneck. Not that it mattered, Yoonbum hadn't been good enough for Sangwoo lately.

It had started when she came. Yoonbum couldn't remember her name, but it also didn't matter. All he knew was that she needed to go. She was making everything worse in the house. Every time Sangwoo wanted to do anything fun, he ripped off his shirt, tossed it at Bum, and went into the basement, only to come up on edge, like a pot of hot oil. He looked fine enough, but if anything got in his way, whether it be a cup of tea, a door, or Yoonbum, he would boil over, slamming whatever, it was into the nearest wall.

"Sorry," Yoonbum muttered, taking a ruby strawberry from the top of the pile, and slicing into thin strips, only to slide them into the bowl. The leafy olive hat went into its own separate pile, joining its friends, only to be tossed into the trash where it belonged.

"About what?" Sangwoo questioned, rubbing Yoonbum's slender shoulder with his colossal hand. He leaned in closer, Yoonbum's back supporting his athletic build, his tender lips at Yoonbum's ear, causing a lower part of bum to take notice of the affection. "I don't want to have to punish you for something you didn't do"

"For taking a while." burst out Yoonbum, trying to hold on to the knife, but dropping it, the clatter muffled by the wooden board.

Sangwoo chuckled, lightly kissed Yoonbum's temple, well as lightly as Sangwoo could. "Well then, don't let me distract you."

"You weren't." Yoonbum stammered, taking a strawberry, grasping the knife again, but it shook and almost slid out of his palms as he tried to return to the task at hand.

"No," Sangwoo commanded, taking the knife and lazily flung it over his shoulder, coming close sticking into the door frame, but resting on the floor instead, catching the LED light from the hallway. He instead took Yoonbum's wrists and spun him around, so that they were facing each other. Well more like Sangwoo was towering over him, but he was used to that. After all, Sangwoo was so tall and athletic and wonderful, and Yoonbum was a scrawny little string bean. "I can't have you hurting yourself."

"Sorry." Yoonbum apologized again, his heart racing at all the affection and touching. The cake he was making didn't matter anymore, it just didn't. Even if it was the recipe from a famous figure skater and his daughter. "I guess I've been distracted lately. I know it's none of my business, but I can't help thinking about that girl."

"Your right. It's not." Sangwoo sternly said back, his general smile and eyebrows falling into a Stoney stare Yoonbum had learned to fear. "Why were you thinking about her?"