Chapter seven

The group of four humans and two beavers arrived at a camp. The humans had gotten rid of their coats and were walking next to each other. Peter and Kaylee in front and Lucy and Susan behind them. 

''Why are they all staring at us?'' Susan whispered to her little sister, Lucy smiling at her as she looked at the centaurs surrounding them.

''Maybe they think you look funny.'' Kaylee and Peter turned around, smiling at the two sisters as they kept walking hand in hand, Kaylee giving him a smile as he brought their hands up to his face to kiss her hand. 

''Oh stop your fussing Mrs. Beaver. You look lovely.'' They kept walking until they hit a soft dead end with a centaur on the side. Peter had pulled out his sword and held it in the air, looking at the centaur as he spoke. 

''We have come to see Aslan.'' Kaylee looked around as she heard the crowd mutter around them, the centaur turned to the tent as it started to blow in breeze before everyone started to kneel. A big lion came out of the tent, starling them a bit before they too fell onto their knee to bow for Aslan. 

''Welcome Peter Adam's son, Welcome Susan and Lucy daughters-of-Eve. Welcome Kaylee, Welcome Beavers. You have my thanks, but where is the second son of Adam?'' 

''That's why we are here, sir. We need your help'' Kaylee spoke up softly as she looked at the three remaining siblings, her head turning to Susan who decided to speak up as well. 

''We had a little trouble along the way.''

''He's been captured by the White Witch'' Peter added as the crowd yelled out loudly, startling both Kaylee and Lucy as their heads turned to the crowd.

''Captured? How could this happen?''

''He betrayed them your majesty'' Kaylee send a small glare towards Mr. Beaver as he spoke to Aslan, his eyes darting to the ground when he saw Kaylee's glare. 

''Then he has betrayed us all.'' The same centaur spoke, Kaylee wanted to hit him, but before she could even take a step, Aslan spoke up to the centaur. ''I'm sure there is an explanation.'' 

''Peace Oreius.''

''It is my fault really.'' Peter looked up from the ground in shame as he looked at the lion in front of him. ''I was too hard on him.'' 

''We all were.'' Susan spoke as she put a hand on Peter's shoulder while Kaylee grabbed his hand again, giving him a sad smile before they all turned back to Aslan.

''Sir, he's our brother.'' Lucy spoke up with a sad tone in her voice before he spoke again.

''And friend.'' Kaylee added softly, her eyes set in a desperate matter.

''I know dear and that makes the betrayal all the worse. It may be harder than you think.'' The four of them looked at each other, Kaylee pursed her lips together as she looked at the siblings, not wanting to imagine how hard it was on the three of them to miss their brother.

Kaylee, Susan and Lucy had gone to the river after they had changed into their new dresses. They were standing next to the river as Kaylee was working with her sword. She still needed to learn a lot, but the basics were taught to her not too long ago by Oreius.

''You look like mum.'' Lucy spoke up as she looked at her older sister, she chuckled as she shook her head slightly 

''Mother hasn't had a dress like this since before the war.''

''We should bring one.'' Her eyes lit up as she looked at the two teenagers, smiling brightly. ''A whole trunk full.'' 

''If we ever get back...'' Susan said with a sad tone, her eyes turning to Lucy who looked down to the ground before Susan realized her mistake. ''I'm sorry I am like that.'' She smiled at the other two. ''We used to have fun together. Didn't we?'' 

''Yeah, before you got boring.'' Lucy spoke up, a playful smile tugging on her lips as she spoke.

''Oh really?'' Lucy chuckled again before Susan splashed the water into their faces, Lucy and Kaylee quickly joining forces to splash on Susan. They continued for a while before Susan went to get the towel, only to jump away again. The two sisters yelled out in surprise as they looked at the wolves in front of them, Kaylee grabbing her sword as she pointed the sharp end to the wolf up front.

''Please don't try to run, we're very tired and we'd prefer to kill you quickly.'' The three of them looked around, Susan her eyes falling on her horn before she rushed to it, Kaylee helping Lucy into a tree. 

She pushed Susan in as well, she wanted to try to get in herself, but before she could, a wolf had caught her dress and pulled her down again, Lucy and Susan calling for her name. She still had her sword nearby, slashing it into the wolf's direction as he let go of her dress, an arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her up. Peter had managed to get to his sisters and his girlfriend as he now pointed his own sword at the wolves.

''We've already been through this before.'' The wolf snarled at the two teenagers. Both with their swords pointed to one of the wolves. ''We both know you haven't got it in you.'' Kaylee pointed her sword at the second wolf as Peter kept busy with the leader. ''You may think you'll be a king, but you'll die like a dog!'' He jumped onto Peter as his sisters jumped down, Kaylee still with her sword pointed at the second wolf as he ran away.

''Follow him! He'll lead you to Edmund.'' As the first wolf was pushed of of Peter, Aslan looked at him. ''Peter, clean your sword.'' After cleaning his sword in the lake, Peter rested his hands on the hilt and bowed. Aslan raised his paw and laid it gently on Peter's shoulders. "Rise, Sir Peter Wolfsbane. Knight of Narnia.

That night Kaylee climbed into the tent she shared with Peter, the long dress sitting on the side as she was now dressed in a tank top and a pair of Peter's trousers. He smiled at her as she put a book away she had been reading a few seconds before. She turned onto her side as she stared into his eyes, looking as he leaned into her.

His lips met hers as she smiled into the kiss, her hands traveling to his hair before they pulled back. With all the commotion around them, they wanted a small moment to relax instead of worrying about the things around them. 

''Good night Kaylee.''

''Good night.'' She leaned her head onto his chest, falling into a deep slumber.

Thank you for joining me on yet another chapter of this story. I hope you enjoyed reading more of Kaylee. Please if you enjoyed it, leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. I'll see you next week!

-X Violet's-library