Book three

Kaylee sat behind her desk, a pen in hand as she stared at the letter she had written so far. The oldest Pevensies were currently in America while Edmund and Lucy were staying with their aunt, uncle and cousin Eustace. 

Kaylee looked at the pictures hung up on her wall, a smile plastered on her face as she looked at the different pictures. There was one of all the Pevensies and Kaylee in the train station, all five of them laughing at something Lucy had said. There was another one of just her and Peter on the beach, the girl sitting on his back as they smiled at the camera. 

She returned to her letter, telling Peter of her adventured ... which were practically nothing worth telling. Since Peter and Susan had left for America, day 253, she had not been in physical contact with any of the Pevensies, she missed them dearly. She placed the last dot at the end of her sentence before placing the letter into an envelope. 

About an hour had passed, Kaylee standing in front of a painting of the sea, a smile on her face as it reminded her of Narnia. She frowned as the water seemed to move, moving closer she saw it wasn't her imagination. She smiled as water began to fill her room. She let it hang on the wall as she got ready to hold her breath. When her room had filled itself with water, she began to swam upward. Gasping for air as oxygen began to fill her lungs. A ship nearing her as she began to shout. 

''Hey! Down here!'' A body jumped down into the water, swimming towards her, a smile quickly growing as she looked at Caspian. ''Caspian!''

''Kaylee?'' He smiled as they swam to the boat and got on board, a crew member passing her a towel. ''Majesty.'' She smiled as she nodded in thanks, throwing it around her shoulders. She looked around, looking for the Pevensies. ''You're the first one, at least, I assume that they'll appear quickly enough, considering you're here.'' She smiled as she nodded before hearing someone yell. ''More castaways!'' Caspian gave Kaylee a side glance before jumping into the water again. Kaylee held the towel close to herself as three more humans were brought on board. 

Caspian came up to Lucy and draped a towel around her shoulders, smiling at her. "Thank you. --That was thrilling." Lucy commented.

"How in the world did you end up here?" Caspian asked as he wrapped an arm around Lucy's shoulders and they started walking.

"I have no idea." Lucy answered before Edmund called his name.

He smiled and walked over to him and wrapped a blanket around him, "Edmund, great to see you again." Kaylee walked into sight, the smile growing. 

''Edmund, Lucy!'' The youngest siblings turned to her, their smiles growing as they each took her into their arm. ''I've missed you both.'' 

''We've missed you too.'' Edmund told his sister-in-law, Lucy hugging her as well. 

"Didn't you call for us?" Lucy asked.

"No." Caspian answered, "Not this time."

"Well, whatever the case, we're glad to be here." Edmund said.

All the crew heard Eustace scream and Edmund groaned. Kaylee turned towards the sound, only now recognizing Eustace Scrubb. They turned and saw Reepicheep on top of the screaming boy before Eustace threw Reepicheep in front of them.

"Reepicheep." Lucy smiled as did Kaylee, the girl still hugging the towel around her frame. 

"Your Majesties." He bowed.

"Hello, Reep. What a pleasure." Edmund said.

"The pleasure is all mine, sir." Reepicheep replied, "But first, what are we going to do about this- this screaming antelope?" Eustance got up on his knees and pointed at Reepicheep.

"That giant rat thing just tried to claw my face off!

"I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs, sir." Reepicheep replied.

"It talked! Did you see? Did anyone just hear that? It talked!" Eustace exclaimed.

"He always talks." A sailor said.

"Actually, it's getting him to shut up that's the trick." Caspian joked.

"The moment there is nothing to be said, your Highness, I promise you, I will not say it." Reepicheep replied. Kaylee chuckling at the remark as Eustance started yelling about how he wanted to go home, "Perhaps we can throw him back." Reepicheep suggested.

Edmund seemed to think it over and Lucy swatted at him, "Edmund!"

Their cousin went over to some laughing sailors, "I demand to know where I am right now!"

"The Dawn Treader! The finest ship in Narnia's Navy." A minotour spoke as he approached Eustace, making the boy faint.

The minotaur turned to Caspian, "Was it something I said?" Kaylee laughed as the minotaur brought Eustace down to the rooms , waiting for the boy to wake up again. 

Caspian smiled before going over to the steps and facing everyone, "Men, behold our castaways, Edmund the Just, Lucy the Valiant and Kaylee the imaginative. High King and Queens of Narnia." The three of them looked at each other as the crew bowed to them in respect, only Caspian on two legs. 

"I look like a boy." Lucy's simple, unhappy statement was enough to make Kaylee chuckle. Having just tied her boots, the nineteen-year-old looked up at the young girl, who was looking at her with a pout. Lucy and Kaylee had gotten the room Caspian had slept in, so he, Edmund and Eustace slept with the rest of the crew. 

"I think it looks great on you, Lu. You're really pretty." Lucy scoffed.

"You're always pretty. Just like Susan." Kaylee's head tilted slightly as she suddenly became concerned by her words. She remembered when she was Lucy's age, insecure about her looks and unsure about life. 

"That is very false, you should see me when I got sick and had half of my hair in my face.'' Lucy chuckled, a small smile appearing on her face. 

"Ah, excuse me, lads. " Caspian drawled teasingly, "I don't suppose you've seen two young girls around here anywhere?"

"All right!" Lucy exclaimed, Kaylee gave him a glare and Lucy delivering a firm slap on Caspian's arm on his side as he and Edmund chuckled.

All of the sailors on board bowed to the queens and king.  Caspian brought them to his study. Lucy saw Susan's horn sitting on a small shelf, and above was a gold carving of a lion.

"Look, Susan's bow and arrows." Lucy pointed out.

Kaylee turned and saw Caspian holding a box. He brought it over to Lucy and she opened it. It was her cordial and her dagger. ''Lucy.''

"My healing cordial, and my dagger." Lucy reached for them but stopped, "May I?"

"Of course. They are yours." Caspian replied.

"Peter's sword." Edmund said, walking over to Peter's valuable item. Kaylee smiled as she walked over to the younger boy, her fingers tracing the metal.

"Yes, I looked after it as promised." Caspian responded, grabbing it, "Here, hold it if you wish."

"No, no, it's yours." Edmund replied, "Peter gave it to you."

Caspian walked over to a cabinet, "I did save this for you, though." Kaylee let out a small laugh as Caspian tossed Edmund his torch that he left here in Narnia the last time they were here.

"Thanks." Edmund spoke as Caspian turned to another sword and a diamond ring. 

''These are yours.'' Kaylee walked to Caspian, taking the sword and pushing the ring around her finger, taking in the memory of her and Peter.

The first chapter of the last book is here! It's very weird to not have Peter and Kaylee in the same book but I hope I can make this work. So ,if you enjoyed, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. See you next week! 

-X Violet's-library