Chapter 13

I awoke to the smell of meat. I quickly sat up and saw Sam putting a bag of food on the table.

"You're feeling better?" He asked as he noticed me.

"Still tired but a bit better, yeah." I smiled.

"Catch." Dean threw a wrapped up burger, which I caught with ease. "I guess, your reflexes are working still."

"It's not like, I am not working." I took a bite from my burger. "I still have my powers. I am just not as strong as usual." I took another bite. "So what did you find you?"

"Well two girls have gone missing, and three men have turned up dead." Sam stated.

"So the guys were food, and the girls have probably been turned." I got two surprised looks. "Vampires MO is very similar to werewolves." I clarified. "They turn a couple of people to build up their pack, or in this case nest, and then they take some victims as food."

"How many werewolves have you dealt with?" Dean asked confused. 

"Too many." I sighed. "Not just on our territory, we have also helped out other packs."

"But how do you know about so many other supernatural creatures?" Sam chimed in too.

"Our pack healer, Carrie, told me all about them, when I was younger." I could feel how I missed her. She became my mother figure, after my mom died. "I was a very curious kid, so she taught me quite a lot."

"She did?" Sam asked curiously.

"Yeah." I nodded. "A lot about what you can use different plants for, and how you can use the nature to navigate, even if the sun is not out." I chuckled slightly. "I was always more interested in it, then Varga was. I guess Carrie also sorta expected me to become the pack healer after her, since her son, Brynn, ran away to find his own way." I shrugged. "I guess, you could call it Wolfblood school." I quickly ate the rest of my burger still feeling drowsy.

"Wolfblood have schools too?" Dean asked surprised.

"It is fairly common, yeah." I yawned. "Learning basic skills on how to survive in the wilderness, and how to find your way, if you are lost. We even learn some history, but since my father was the alpha and my brother is now, I had to have more lessons then normal. learn things that the rest of the pack didn't have to care about."

"That's how you know how to read." Sam realized.

"Yes and no." I answered. "The others in my pack didn't have to, but it would be useful that a potenial alpha could read. However, it was also that my mother wanted me to learn, so I could read books and such."

"Wait." Dean looked like he was processing something. "You said potenial alpha. I thought your brother was already the alpha?"

"He is, but he were to die before having kids, I would take over. Even if he got married and didn't have kids, the post would go to me. That is, how we have kept it within the same bloodline for so long." I explained. "And if he had kids, but they were too young to take over, I would still have to do it, until they were old enough. Family means a lot to Wolfbloods."

"Well, no matter what we found a vampire." Dean stated raising from his seat.

"I am coming with." I said but even as I tried to stand up, I almost fell down again for tiredness.

"Oh no, you aren't." Dean said and shoved me back on the couch. "Sam and I are going to handle this, while you relax."

"Come on, De-" I tried to protest.

"That's my final call." He stated harshly and gestured for Sam to follow him to the car.

I laid down on the couch with a moan. I hated feeling useless, while they are putting themselves out there in dangerous situations, but once again my mind was overcome by my exhaustion. Damn New Moon.