Chapter 22: Filial Obligations I

A/N: Guys, I want to say thank you for reading. Really. When I started writing, I just wanted to satisfy my obsession with this ship. I can't believe I've made it this far with 10k reads. I'm truly blessed. I see you guys who are loyal and commented a lot of feedbacks that make me feel all fluffy inside. Literally the only reason I'm still motivated is because of y'all. Thank you ❤️

During the extensive period of their relationship, although having lots and lots of time to discuss with each other, there wasn't even a single time that they talked about love.

"I love you."

This was still a foreign phrase to Shoto and Momo. Have anyone noticed that?

In actuality, to address the more important question, does love need to be proclaimed in order to be seen?

During Momo's confession, she said that she would "fall hard" for Shoto, which shows that she silently evaded the use of love in her sentence while admitting her feelings for him.

Shoto was the one who asked Momo out, but he referred to her as a "special female friend" and even agreed to try this "relationship thingy" with her.

Coincidence or not, the word love seemed to be put off like a taboo in their relationship.

But, why?

Does this signify their hesitance in one another, or was the silence an example of a stronger bond way beyond what words can portray?

Momo was called home for an urgent meeting and had disappeared for a while.

After a training camp for juniors that had Momo and Shoto work together as mentors, she had been picked up to her family mansion.

A taxi arrived at the bus stop that was close to the camp spot. Momo put a coat over her hero costume, realizing that the driver was eyeing her.

"Call me when you've arrived safely," Shoto said as he held the car door for her.

"I will," she replied and gave him a peck on the cheek, knowing the juniors were watching them.

As Momo sauntered into the back seat, Shoto slipped in, placed both of his hands against the cushion and crushed her lips, showing her how much he was worried about her.

The driver had to divert his eyesight. It was a warning by Shoto that if he'd so much ogle his girl, he would perish with flames.

"Are you worried that you'll miss me too much?" Momo asked as she put some inches between their lips.

"I just want you to be safe and happy," he answered, having some bad feelings over her family issue.

She gave him a quick kiss

She gave him a quick kiss. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."