.2.

"Miss Andrea?"

I do not know who called me. I could barely hear a thing over the loud rain. I tilted my head slightly to the side where I heard the call and opened my eyes.

There stood a figure before me, holding an umbrella. The rain and bad lighting blurred their features leaving me unable to make out who they were until they appeared closer.

I was surprised.

"Miss Andrea? Ah it is you, I was correct."

There standing before me was the stranger from this morning who paid for my coffee, William. Someone who I thought I would never see again. He positioned his umbrella over me successfully blocking the rain from hitting me.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah." I breathed out. I could see the condensation of my breath as the warm air met with the cold. It was then I noticed how cold it was, or rather how cold I was but it did not seem to phase me the slightest.

"May I ask what you are doing sitting out here in the rain?" He arched an eyebrow.

"I'm simply enjoying it and I don't mean to rude, but could you please move your umbrella, Mr William." I addressed him in the manner he addressed me.

Truth be told, I did not have the energy to properly communicate to anyone and simply didn't want to. I hoped that my reply would cause him to leave me alone... Or did I really?

Maybe somewhere deep inside I wished someone would come save me, even if it was him, a stranger but I knew that would never happen.

Everyone is to busy fighting their own battles to help save others. In the end, the inevitable fact is that if you want to be saved, you have to be your own hero. It's the hard truth.

"In that case let me join you." He didn't leave me any room to object. He closed his umbrella and sat himself a space away next to me on the wet bench in the rain. "And please just call me William or Will."

I was still slightly startled at his strange antics but I gave a small nod at his request anyway. We sat comfortably in peaceful silence both totally drenched from head to toe.

I gazed over at William. He, much like I had done earlier, had his eyes closed and face tilted towards the sky the only difference in his form was that he had his arms crossed across his chest meanwhile mine rested limply across my lap.

It was then when I noticed how exhausted he looked, a huge contrast to what he looked like this morning. His shoulders were unhunched over in a slouch, his closed eye lids looked beyond too heavy and even his breathing came out in slow tired pants.

"Sorry if I am intruding..." He finally spoke after a while.

"No it's okay. It's actually appreciated having some company." I'm not sure why I said it, it just slipped out. He must think I'm a total weirdo. I'm surprised that I'm even talking to him when a few minutes ago I lacked the energy and will to communicate.

He gave me a lazy smile in return. Okay I take that back, he is the total weirdo here.

"I think I now know why you are enjoying the rain."

I was using the rain as a mask to my pain, maybe somewhere I was hoping that it would wash everything away. I had a feeling that's what he was referring to. That he could relate to the feeling the rain brought with it.

"You are a strange one." I spoke my thoughts purposefully this time.

"You are one to talk Miss Andrea, sitting here, at this time of the night drenched in the rain no less." He remarked back. Point taken, but he was here with me.