Chapter 13 ~ New Challenger Approaching!

Start from the beginning

My body was beginning to feel tired and I wasn't sure how much longer I can keep up before I get injured myself. I stared down at the gun in hand and looked over at the S+M designed onto it.

"I have to do this to save Mike." I told myself, making sure that I didn't lose sight of what my goal was. I wasn't going to give up anytime soon.

While disarming an Octarian of his Octoshot, and quickly splatting another one with my Splattershot, Jake and I heard another sound that of a super jump. As if it were on instinct, I had splatted the now disarmed Octarian and made myself a path of my own ink to go in the direction he was going. "I'm leaving the rest to you Jake! There aren't many left!"  I yelled before turning into my squid form and swimming as fast as I can.

Marie had Callie's head resting on her lap as she tried to wake up the knocked out Squid Sister. "Callie! Wake up!" She had yelled, scared that she was seriously injured.

Mike landed right behind her, holding his roller up high, getting ready to swing at the unaware inkling there in front of him. Marie turned around in surprise and fear, yelping. The brainwashed Octoling had a small smirk plastered on his face as he prepared to swing.

"Marie! Watch out!" I yelled.

Before he could bring his roller in contact with her, I tackled him out of the way using my gun as support. "Mike! Snap out of it!" I yelled at him angrily and worryingly as I pinned him to the floor, the both of us struggling for dominance. Even if he was brainwashed, I still didn't want to hurt him and wanted to keep the damage at a minimum.

I could still hear Jake's blaster going off in the background.

"Hmph." He grunted, bringing a splat bomb under my body and sent me flying away in the opposite direction of Marie. Before I landed, I had turned into my squid form and made it into a pull of my ink color.

"Hey are you ok?!" Jake exclaimed coming up to me after I landed. "Your armor is broken.."

I grunted in response with an ache on my stomach. I got up, held my Splattershot Pro in hand, and watched helplessly as Mike broke Marie's hero armor and making her hit the outer walls. He didn't touch her this time, it was just the ink's impact from a vertical swing up close. Mike stared for a moment at her before turning to us. "He didn't splat her...?" Jake asked, just as confused as I was. It certainly was strange, but right now we're the only two able to fight against him now. Yet, we still had to find a way to bring him back.

Mike approached us, doing what any roller user would do when they try to travel as fast as they can. He flung vertically, making himself long ink paths that he could swim through easily and get close to us fast. However, Mike did it in a way that made it hard for us to aim. He took random directions so it wasn't easy to land many shots on him.

"Hey! Over here!" Jake yelled, running away from me and trying to attract Mike's attention. I looked over at him surprised and shocked at what he was doing. As Mike continued to approach him, Jake managed to throw a toxic mist at him, making Mike slower than usual.

But he pushed through with ease, much to Jake's surprise.

He ended up getting launched with some injury. But it was all up to me.

Mike stood there menacingly, roller in hand before turning to me. His goggles glowed a brighter red as he super jumped towards me, but instead of landing in front of me and attacking, Mike approached me as fast as he could and tried to hit me from the sky.

Out of fear, I held my weapon out horizontally, blocking the huge roller hit. The purple ink splashed a bit on my face and on my body, it felt like it was starting to sting. However, the impact of the blow caused me to lose my balance, making me fall and land on my knees. I even noticed that my Splattershot Pro began to crack a bit from the impact. Tears were swelling up in my eyes, scared that we failed to save him, scared that we would all get splatted here, but Mike swung at me again.

"I'll splat you here and now.."

I blocked it again, even more ink on me began to cause even more pain, and even caused my weapon to crack more. I was helpless at the moment. I stared into his goggles intensely as my eyes filled with tears wanting to be let out.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

After I had gained my confidence, I lost a couple more times as the brainwashed me gained more and more control. I watched helplessly how he attacked those inklings, almost completely mercilessly. And how he now had the green haired agent cornered.

I was on the floor, supporting myself with my two arms, trying to catch my breath. I could barely hold my weapon. His chuckles mocked me:

"How about we splat that inkling girl you considered as your partner right before your very eyes..."

"N-NO! She must have meant a ton to me if I considered her that! You can't- you can't JUST SPLAT HER!"

I got up and ran towards the brainwashed me, getting ready to punch with a right hook. He countered quickly and punched me to the floor, his laughing getting louder.

"No..!" I yelled to myself.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I watched as he lifted his arm slowly, his roller getting ready to attack. Tears were flowing at this point, watching how his serious expression turned into an evil, small smile.

This is it..

~

A.N. Yikes, that was a long chapter! It took me several hours of my sleep to complete... Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, I write these chapters late at night.. 😅

Word Count: 1652