"Fine..." I grumbled, dragging my feet a bit even as the need to piss grew.

The next few hours turned into a blur of exhaustion, sore feet, and the near-constant need to pee. By the time we were done, Dreece was weighed down with a wide variety of male and female clothes, junk food, and at least four pairs of shoes.

"I don't know how you can possibly validate buying all of those clothes. Most of them look the same. Black and gothic." I grumbled holding my one bag loosely from my hand, happy that my pregnancy had offered me a respite from playing pack mule.

"Oh hush you. It's not my fault nothing you tried on fits right with Merfington still in there." Dreece replied with a huff. They were struggling with juggling the bags. "You know you could offer to help!"

"I could, but I don't want to overdo it, I'm entering the last trimester and we don't know what my limitations are," I smirked before taking one of the smaller bags to help somewhat. "After all, you don't want something to happen to your future adoptive niece or nephew do you?"

"Ugh! I thought I was the cool and logical one? Since when did you become so good at rationale." They huffed affectionately before digging out their keys to unlock the car.

"I've probably spent too much time with you is why." I quipped back, moving ahead to open the door, willing to help at least that much.

"Thanks." Dreece shoved the bags in without a care in the world for just how much the contents of the bags had cost them.

"Sure, whatever." I glanced at a box sitting on the passenger's seat. "What's that?"

Opening the door, I glanced at Dreece in confusion. Dreece smiled happily as I noticed it.

"Oh nothing... but I think you should open it." Dreece watched me expectantly before nudging the box closer. "I promise it's something good. You looked like you could use a good surprise for once."

Biting my lip I picked up the box, moving to set it on the hood of the car. Flipping the lid open I couldn't stop a small gasp of surprise. Inside was an adorable stuffed rabbit with pure white fur.

"You... you remembered?" Tears filled my eyes as memories swelled up.

"Of course I remembered Mister Fluffinstuff. You loved that thing and always told me that you wanted to find a similar one for your first kid." Dreece smiled happily at that, gently lifting the rabbit from the box and handing it to me. "I don't think it's the exact same one as yours but it was the closest I could find."

"I... I love it! Thank you so much Dreece!" I leaned over and hugged them tightly the tears flowing freely down my cheeks. I sniffed softly, trying to get the tears to stop.

"I'm glad you are happy Ry. Now, why don't we get you home? Your feet have to be aching by now." Dreece pulled away to get in and turn the car on and getting ready to pull out of the parking lot. I did my normal squirm and twist to get in, their car too small for my pregnant ass.

"They are... this... this makes everything better though, thank you so much... for... for everything Dreece." I couldn't seem to stop crying even though the tears really were from happiness.

"You can stop saying thank you Ry. I know how important this baby is too you and everything." We merged into the traffic smoothly, working our way back to the apartment.

We chatted for a while before trailing off into a familiar silence when a thought hit me.

"So umm... I probably should let you know that... Rhett knows about the baby now, and umm well he's offered to help in any way he can."

"He what?! That's awesome! I was always kind of hoping you and him would get together, but after the whole heat fiasco I just didn't know how that would happen!" Dreece was almost bouncing off the wall in excitement.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down Dreece! We aren't together. We aren't even really friends. He's just wanting to help me and the baby out." I replied softly watching the disappointment in their expression.

"Oh... well I mean... it's still a step in the right direction I suppose." Dreece smiled softly, always the supportive friend. "I didn't mean to jump to conclusions."

"It's okay." I smiled back closing my eyes and slowly relaxing once more into the chair. "I think I'm going to take a nap until we get back to the apartment if you don't mind."

"Go for it." Dreece lightly patted my leg before turning the radio on softly. "I'll wake you up when we get home. Is there anything, in particular, you want to eat for supper? I'd be happy to pick up something for supper."

"Hmm... The baby is definitely feeling like Chinese food." I smiled closing my eyes. "Orange chicken and fried rice would be preferred and maybe a few egg rolls? Oooh and a cup of egg drop soup! And lots of sweet and sour sauce!"

My stomach grumbled happily at the simple idea of eating all that wonderful food.

"Lol baby cravings much?" Dreece replied with a grin before turning toward our favorite Chinese place.

"You could say that. Thanks again Dreece."

Hi my loves! Sorry it's a day late, work has been crazy lately (yay for essential workers) and I didn't have the time to post it yesterday, but here it is.

We are quickly approaching the end and I would love to know your thoughts on this novel now more than ever as I'm playing with the idea of doing a self publish on Amazon!

Also, I would love, Love, LOVE to know what you all want me to start writing on next! After all Camp NaNo will be here soon!

Much love,

Willow!