Chapter 7

With a deafening bang the door to Taka's bedroom slammed into the hinges, only to be ripped open again the next moment.
"Do you honestly expect me to believe that?" he yelled at me and his face showed me how deeply hurt he was. "You really... Oh shit! ... You liar! I... I hate you!" The words hit me as if he'd punched me in the face. My confidence, which I had a few minutes ago, had suddenly disappeared and I couldn't find the words for a suitable explanation. "No, God damn it. I don't want to explain anything, ... not again," I growled with clenched teeth. Then the door fell loudly into the lock and I sighed heavily. "Damn it, Hiroki, what are you thinking? Why're you sending that and causing trouble for nothing? ... Just now?" I looked at the display on Taka's mobile "You should've been a photographer." I enlarged the image and was amazed at the snapshot "You cheeky little toad. What are you up to? I'll stretch your ears"
The picture was in focus. If it was taken two seconds later, no one would think anything of it, but like this?

Maho's big eyes looked up at me and her fingers were inches from my cheek. You'd think she was touching me. I had leaned slightly towards her, with a questioning look that could easily be misinterpreted. In the sense, "May I kiss you?" It was a perfect shot, like for the gossip columns in the paper and to freak out my boyfriend.
He's now sulking in his room again, imagining the dirtiest things. "Damn Hiroki! It's hard enough as it is." I tear my hair and thought of the fastest way to get out of this mess. What I didn't know at that time was that my two other band members would also find this snapshot on their cell phones and for the time being only the tip of the so-called iceberg was visible.

"Come on, Mori chan", I whispered at the door and tried to open it. It was not locked, but it could not be opened either. "Stop this Mori chan trick on me," he sneered just behind the barrier. Apparently he was leaning on it and waiting for my next attempt at reconciliation. A smile flashed across my lips, should it not be so difficult this time? I grabbed his guitar, leaned against the door as well and started playing. The melody of Notesn Words. My fingers automatically ran over the strings and formed our song. A melancholic mood filled the apartment and I embellished every chord to transform my feelings into notes.
"God, ... stop it! Stop playing so fucking perfect."
Surprised, I staggered back a few steps when he opened up. "I... I want you to leave," he said in an icy voice, fixing me. After I had caught myself, I slowly came closer. "Are you sure?" With my free hand I ran over his reddened cheek and gave him a smile, but it froze in his next words. "Then fuck me one last time and disappear from my life forever." The next verbal slap. I just stared at him in disbelief. "I'm sorry, what? ... "This is what you want? Seriously? ... Just my dick in your ass?! ... Really ...?" Resigned, I let my shoulders droop and stepped out of the room. "Okay Takahiro, ... I'll go .... and ...ahh shit ... fuck yourself." Shocked by my own cold words, I put the guitar down on the couch and walked to the front door. "All right!" he yelled at me. "Go to your Maho Baby! "Fuck off, I don't need you." Energetically I put on my leather jacket and could not resist a last comment: "Maybe I'll do that too! ... Your jealousy really makes me sick! Even if Hiroki is the trigger for this argument, he acts more thoughtful and mature than you!" This time I slammed the front door behind me. I didn't want to hear his hurtful insults. Words he would regret within minutes of my leaving. As well as I knew him, he was already crying his eyes out and buried himself in his bed.

Of course I could try to make myself right, explain everything to him, calm him down and insult his brother in the wildest way, but I didn't feel like it any more. I didn't feel like constantly apologizing for something that never happened. I was disappointed by his determined look and the harsh words he threw at me. I was depressed by the realization that he would never be able to trust me if he couldn't control his jealousy.

When I turned the corner, I ran into the arms of two very well-known people. "Someone's in a hell of a hurry," Ryota smiled embarrassed and avoided my gaze. He had put his hands in his pocket and stepped nervously from one foot to the other. "We are here to talk to you about something private," Tomoya said cautiously and tried to smile. "Something?" I raised my eyebrows questioningly and stared at the Trummer first. When he didn't know what to say anymore, I fixed my bass player. "Speak up, I'm in a hurry." With a downcast look he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket, that's all I needed to know. "He sent it to you too?" Now they both looked at me reproachfully and I snorted, "I've got nothing fucking to do with Maho. Hiroki's up to something and I'm going to find out. I'm going over there and you guys see if you can talk some sense into that howling something." Without further discussion, I ran down the stairs hoping to find little Moriuchi at his home.