Chapter 6

Hiroki used the time of his professional secrecy to earn a little pocket money.

The fashion label Zephyren had brought out a new collection and the young Japanese was happy about the opportunity to model again.

Almost a week had passed since the operation on his vocal chords and he felt fit enough for everyday life. Apart from the ban on talking, he had no more restrictions and welcomed the change.

Only yesterday he had his last therapy session with Dr. Hinata and she was very confident to hear him singing again soon. Hiro was grateful for her spiritual support. He even considered inviting her for dinner when he was allowed to speak again. Just to thank her, he liked her company, her advice and motivation. Maho was honest and direct and she could get a little out of control at times, especially with Toru san.

Hiroki found a message from him for Maho on his writing pad the morning after Toru went home. He was supposed to pass the pages on to the doctor. When Hiro did so, she burst into tears of joy and he knew this would be his chance. He had read the guitarist's words and was sure to hit the mark. Maybe it wasn't fair of him to use Maho as a cue ball, but she always said you have to face your fear. Hiro took the risk of losing his brother and Toru with his planned action. Still, he wanted to take this opportunity.

Now he was standing with Kidz in front of the hall of the big fashion house. The last shooting had already been half a year ago and both felt a certain excitement. It was fun for the friends to pose in front of the camera.

The drummer generally liked to be with Hiroki Moriuchi, because he loved to be recognized. With his singer at his side, this happened all the time and he enjoyed it to the full. This time he also took over the verbal matters for him. Meanwhile, Hiro was checking out the clothes he was about to wear for the photo shoot. It was autumn and winter fashion, so a lot of jackets and coats, some of which looked really "extraordinary". A lot of fur, oversized, extremely striking patterns and bright colors. The singer was very versatile in his wardrobe, he generally tried on everything and always bought a piece of clothing from the latest collections, it was like this every time.

He already knew the premises, even the photographers and staff, as they were still the same as on his last visit. They were all very nice and polite and they smiled at him friendly when they recognized him. But apparently everybody knew about his operation, because nobody spoke to him. Everyone was busy with their work.

He was a bit bored as Kidz was already flirting with some pretty girls and was in his element. "Let him get felt up," Hiroki thought and let his eyes wander through the big room. Then he wandered between the long rows of clothes, not paying attention to the colorful fabrics. He had already considered something else. A strange, young girl was sitting cross-legged in a corner on a yoga mat.

But it was not the teenager who had attracted his interest. It was what she was holding in her hands and that was why she didn't register anything around her.

A manga was lying on her lap, in which she literally sank and in addition her ears were hidden behind two big headphones. Hiroki smiled, he knew about the magic of these paperbacks as he was a huge fan of them himself.

As there was still some time left until the fitting, he decided to find out which manga it was. He had become curious.

Slowly he walked past it as casually as possible and his eyes became big when he realized that it was the latest edition of "Platinum End". "God, my favourite manga! This can't be...", he thought and stopped abruptly. Why didn't he know that the band was already on the market? He was usually one of the first to stock up on the latest editions.

The brunette girl had noticed him and looked up at him anxiously. She quickly put on the headphones over her short hair and her blue eyes pinched a little when she nervously asked: "Can ... I help you, Mr. ... Moriuchi? She was so excited that she forgot the Japanese customs and stared at him with big eyes. The singer was also self-conscious, he wanted to speak to her but could not. He looked at her embarrassed, but there was something else that caught his attention. Her trousers? Her T-shirt? Yes, even the bag next to her had its own print. It looked pretty cool.