Chapter 5

After the fifth attempt to reach Takahiro Notori became restless. Immediately the mailbox reported. Why had the singer switched off his mobile phone? Without hesitating for long he just decided to go to him, it was still too early for the appointment but who knew how he would find Taka.

At the same time, Ryota set off on the same path. The news from Toru was totally confusing and since he couldn't reach his front man, he decided to come by personally as well. He had promised Toru that.

The chauffeur was the first one who stood in front of the singer's apartment door with a queasy feeling in his stomach and knocked. At the beginning still timidly and not too firmly. ...

Nothing!

He leaned forward and listened intently.

Dead silence!

He knocked again, now a little louder and more forcefully. ...

Nothing!

"Ring!" it now shot into his head, but the bell didn't work. He squeezed it a few times, but couldn't make a sound. And his fear was confirmed when he pushed the door handle down, it was locked. "God... he can't have hurt himself, can he? Suddenly, Notori became afraid. He had left Taka alone in a bad state, what was he thinking!

With his fists Notori now drummed on the door and called: "Takahiro san! ... It's me. Open the door!" Then he heard a key lock and the door next door opened. A young man stuck his head out and looked around in amazement. "Hey what's going on", he said a bit angry. But when he noticed the worried face of the stranger he stepped out of his apartment and asked more friendly: "Are you sure that Takahiro is at home at all? I haven't heard him for at least two hours." Notori wondered if he should tell that strange guy. But maybe every second counted. "He must be here!" he assured the neighbor with the long hair that hung tangled around his chubby face. "I brought him home this morning, but he wasn't feeling well..."

The driver bit his lower lip, he made terrible reproaches. "He has an important appointment in an hour, he knows that, so..." Once more they knocked together, then the young Japanese man suggested: "Ok, I'll try to get into his apartment via the balcony, if he hasn't locked the sliding door, it's easy to come in." When he saw Notori's doubtful look, he smiled: "Don't worry, ... otherwise we can only notify the police, ... and the fire department ..."

"No", the driver pushed out and so the helpful neighbour, he only wore a tight boxer's braid and a tank top, ran back to his flat.

Ryota parked across the street from the apartment building and looked up to the third floor. His eyes were getting bigger and bigger and he thought he was having a hallucination. "What..." He rubbed his eyes and saw a slightly more corpulent half-naked man climbing over Taka's balcony railing. "What on earth is going on here?" He quickly ran to the entrance and was lucky that someone had just left the house. Taking two steps at a time he rushed up the stairs and met Notori who was leaning desperately in front of Taka's entrance door. "There ... there's someone ... climbing over the balcony ...", the bass player stuttered breathlessly and looked at his counterpart questioningly. "What happened?" Notori's face was pale as chalk, he clung to the door handle and begged: "Please, don't lock the sliding door..." Only now did Ryota realize the gravity of the situation. He drummed against the door and kept shouting Taka's name.

After a little eternity, the two of them already thought they had to call the police, they heard voices from the apartment and immediately after that the key was turned in the lock. The vertigo-free neighbour opened and grinned into the frightened faces. "All is well! Taka was fast asleep."

Now Ryota realized who the intruder from the balcony was. "Yosh, I thought..." He looked at him from top to bottom and shook his head laughing. "You've got some nerve." "It had to be done quickly," he defended himself and turned to Notori who was still standing dead pale in the doorway. "Taka is fine. I found him on the sofa, with his headphones on he slept under a whole mountain of blankets and pillows. ...