From the Shadows.

Começar do início

" Hey!" Your best friend sidles up, their hair windswept, grin faltering as they take in your glowering face.

" Hey," you mumble.

Your friend is silent for a moment, as they take in your somber mood. They sling an arm around your shoulder, a waft of sweet, candy perfume breezing across your face, " You really miss him huh?"

You nod, tears pricking your eyes. Blinking furiously, you focus on the milling students heading to class.

" Did he... break things off or something?"

You sniff, " No, I just miss him a lot... Plus I'm afraid that he might not come back-". Your friends arm slides off your shoulder.

" What did he say? Did he do something to make you think that?" Their eyes widen.

" No... It's just me. I guess I'm a bit insecure about it. I keep thinking of him coming back and us picking up where we left off, but then a part of me keeps thinking, what if he doesn't come back? What if he forgets about me? Or he gets interested in someone else? You know how famous he is... What would he want with me?"

Your friend stops in their tracks, arms crossing in front of them, " Y/N, are you serious right now? You're the most amazing person I know! You're smart, you're hilarious, stronger than anyone I know, and you're stunningly gorgeous- need I go on?"

Shaking your head you look at the ground, a grin breaks across your face, your chest feeling lighter. This is why you love your best friend so much, they're always there for you, no matter what. Your friend smiles along with you. Looking around to make sure no one is eavesdropping, they whisper, " Oh, and not to mention you're freaking Scarlet Witch! How cool is that?"

You roll your eyes, and you both continue walking, " Hardly a reason to date me though."

" Um... yeah it is. You're both superheroes and you discovered your powers together. You guys have this connection, plus you can stop any bad guy you want."

" Yeah, I suppose. Although, I feel kind of useless because the government has said that we can't do anything, or attract any attention," your voice lowers as you cast a furtive look around to make sure no one's listening.

" Hmm... Has Scarlet Witch said anything? When she might be strong enough to leave?"

" Nope, it's been quiet."

Your friend sighs as you both turn the corner and head into the classroom, people bustle through the front door.

" I wonder how many people in our college alone might have superpowers? There's more of them cropping up each day. Like that blond lady from Russia who's on the run from the cops. She can read minds and coat her body with this diamond substance." Your friend takes a seat, the chair squeaking, as you sit down next to them.

" Yeah, I remember seeing that on the news."

" I'm just surprised they haven't got you or Tom trying to catch her. You guys would be the best option to find her, I would think."

You sigh, " Y/BF/N the government doesn't want to cause mass panic, remember? People can be dangerous when they feel cornered, or when they feel their power is threatened. Whose to say the general public won't turn on people like me at the drop of a hat? It's so common for people to be hateful just because someone's different to who they are..."

Your friend sighs, " Yeah I know... The world's so full of pricks it makes me angry. But you could fight them off."

You snort, " I shouldn't have to fight them off, and I don't want to hurt anyone. If I used my powers on a civilian it'd be like using an atomic bomb on a mouse. So I'm just going to do as I'm told and lay low for a while. I can't exactly disobey the government, who knows what they might do."